|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The cast from the Klonoa series. Be prepared for spoilers, marked or unmarked!
Klonoa is the young protagonist of the series who, as the "Dream Traveler", is destined to travel to different dream universes and save them from destruction. He is kind-spirited and has a strong sense of justice; he's able to make friends wherever he goes, but he is also shown as naive.
- Art Evolution: The original game gave him a younger, more feline-like design with trousers and a collar. The second game gave him a more standard anthro design (as pictured right), and while the Wii remake of the first game was originally planned to have a total redesign, fan backlash led them to make a third design, which looks like Klonoa meets Mega Man Legends in terms of design.
- Badass Adorable
- Blow You Away: His main move is the "Wind Bullet".
- Catch Phrase: Wahoo!
- Eyes of Gold: In Door to Phantomile.
- Fake Memories
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: His original design, plus a Ring Around the Collar
- Hey, It's That Voice!: It's hard not to imagine Klonoa yelling "DE ARIMASU!!!"
- Improbable Weapon User: The Wind Bullet ring.
- Kid Hero
- Killer Rabbit
- Ridiculously Cute Critter
- Shock and Awe: He has the Thunder Hurricane attack in Klonoa Heroes and Namco X Capcom.
- Super Drowning Skills: It's revealed that Klonoa can't swim.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome
- Living Weapon: Type 2.
- Prince Incognito
- Raymanian Limbs: Before his Wii redesign, floating gloved hands.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Hewpoe, in the remake.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Was It All a Lie?
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Precious Puppies
- Green Eyes
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Make Me Wanna Shout: His Limit Break in Klonoa Beach Vollyball.
- Tagalong Kid: Subverted; a second player can use him to throw Klonoa thus giving Klonoa another jump.
A giggling clown-like creature that is one of the main villains in the Klonoa series, appearing in the first game and its spinoffs.
- Affably Evil: In Namco x Capcom he talks to everyone in a nice tone (most of the time).
- Axe Crazy
- Giggling Villain
- Laughably Evil: At first anyway
- Raymanian Limbs: He has these in almost every game except for "Door to Phantomile" where he has stick-figure arms and legs.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money: In the Northern Express world of Dream Champ Tournament, it's stated he's paying off the Moos to hamper his opponent, a tactic which Garlen allows. In his note in Garlen Castle, he claims he'll pay anything to avoid becoming a gear.
The King Of Sorrow
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Spell My Name with an "S": Also called Gantz.
- The Rival
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Well, tall in comparison to the main cast.