|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A Saturday Morning Cartoon from The Eighties on NBC. It focused on a father and son pair of bears named Gus and Kissyfur. En route to join the circus, the bears end up in a swamp town called Paddlecab after the train derails. There, they meet a Gang of Critters and create a boat tour business. Really, it's not as sappy as the name would have you believe.
The show began with a half-hour prime-time special on NBC before moving to its Saturday slot. It was canceled after its first season, went on hiatus for a year, then came back in the 1988-89 season.
- Casting Gag: Gus and Kissyfur's VAs later voiced Baloo and Kit, respectively, on Tale Spin.
- Gang of Critters: Like so many other eighties cartoons.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Beehonie is Webbigail Vanderquack!
- Instrumental Theme Tune: Quite unusually for an eighties cartoon.
- Missing Mom: Kissyfur's mother died sometime before the show began.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: You can tell Beehonie's gender by the bows on her rabbit ears.
- Uncanceled: Mentioned above.
- Weird Moon: In the opening sequence it is bigger than it should be.