|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Kissing Jessica Stein is a Romantic Comedy film from 2001, about a Jewish woman named Jessica whose life is changed when she meets a bisexual woman named Helen.
Kissing Jessica Stein provides examples of:
- Anguished Declaration of Love
- Big Applesauce:
- Camp Gay:
- Deadpan Snarker: Meyers is like this, mostly due to bitterness caused by past events.
- Depraved Bisexual: Helen is a minor example.
- Did You Just Have Sex?: After she has been with Helen for a few months, Jessica comes to work practically dancing. Immediately one of her friends asks Jessica whether she's been seeing someone.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot: It is lampshaded in a hilarious scene. What makes it hilarious? Helen stroking Jessica's thigh under the table, and the fact that the guys to whom they are talking are completely oblivious to it.
- Jewish Mother: Jessica's mother is a textbook example.
- Jewish and Nerdy
- Ironic Echo: Early in the movie, Helen says that she does not get sick, and Jessica repeats it to her when Helen is in bed with a cold.
- No Bisexuals: This seems to be the attitude of the characters. The word "bisexual" is never used. Two characters even argue about how you can't just "switch" back and forth.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: Jessica goes through this:
Helen: So you know how you'll react to anything?
Jessica: Pretty much, yes.
Helen: (kisses Jessica and watches her become stunned and silent)