The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Everybody Remembers The Penis-Tongues
- Freud Was Right: The Legions' infamous tongues, among other things. Functionally, they're really just Overly Long Tongues, but they're deliberately drawn to resemble a penis - like having urethras at their tips.
- At one point, Optimus Prime gets pleasure when the rim of his gas tank is rubbed by a human girl.
- Hate Dumb: Even though the fans had a good reason to be outraged by this series, it, unfortunately, attracted the racists, who used the series as "proof" that all Japanese people are sickos. There were also haters who started hating on other haters for not taking the sexual imagery literally. In other words, if you thought the Legions' tongues were simply tongues that looked a whole lot like a penis, but not an honest-to-God penis, then YOU'RE A PEDOPHILE, OMG!
- Memetic Mutation: The "Kiss Player" name is used as a derogatory name for various Anime/Manga female characters.
- Never Live It Down: Aside from the sexual images, the series also soured the American fans' view to Anime/Manga female characters, sometimes to the point of generalizing them as a "Kiss Player".
- Snark Bait: The entire series has been mocked by the Transformers fanbase, to the point where "Kiss Player" has been used as an insult in various fan works (such as crossing the Cybertronians with other girls from various Anime/Manga without sexual subtexts). In an inverted sense, some say that this is miles better than the live-action films directed by Michael Bay.
- Squick: YES.
- Subverted Kids Show: At least Kiss Players is. Kiss Players Position goes back to being kid-friendly. Mostly.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The original story included such things as Earth banning the Transformers from coming there, as well as Galvatron becoming The Virus. Sadly, this was all drowned out by the shock value and Squick.
- Kiss-themed Transformers would have also been really cool.
- Values Dissonance: Most people outside of Japan just chalked up this abomination to how "weird" the Japanese are. Most people inside Japan dread just that - that this series would help fuel the idea that it's just how Japan rolls (which it isn't. Word of God admitted to doing it for the shock value).
- Some fans outside of Japan also invoked this to say that there was nothing actually wrong with the series. This helped spark the Hate Dumb above.
- What Do You Mean It's Not for Little Girls?: When fans first caught a glimpse of the series' gimmick - Transformers powering up after being kissed by a human girl - everybody thought it was going to be the first Transformers series aimed at young girls. They quickly found out it w
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.