The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crowning Music of Awesome - Oh, man, where to start?
- Fridge Horror - Shiver Star appears to be Earth (note the continents and moon), but it's completely covered in ice. And there are (man-made) robots who live in a (man-made) factory, but humans are nowhere to be seen...
- But why stop there? Is that real snow, or did something terrible...
- Game Breaker - Hoo boy, does this game have many!
- Blade + Bomb gives Kirby ninja star throwing power. It's extremely rapid fire and hits almost instantly. Bosses go down really fast.
- Fire + Fire allows Kirby to soar for long distances, destroying everything in his path. He can also fly for much longer after Kirby has used his breath, allowing him to soar for great distances past whole levels.
- Ice + Ice turns Kirby into an almost indestructible snowball. All enemies become absorbed in his path. The player doesn't even have to do anything most of the time. Just grab some popcorn and enjoy the mayhem.
- Having weapons of any kind make the boss battles easier and faster.
- Rock + Cutter turns Kirby into a stone form of one of his past companions. In stone form, Kirby is invincible, plowing through most enemies while at worst losing his stone skin if he hits a Gordo or other similar spiked item (without losing health or the power). Now, just mash B until you get Pitch (the small bird), who can fly almost indefinitely, and you'll pass through a level easily. As a bonus, Kirby won't be affected by water currents in this stone form, which helps immensely in a certain water level.
- Fire + Cutter. In addition to looking really cool, this BFS can also be held up and thrown. Helps a lot when fighting Acro and HR-H/E.
- Rock + Needle. It allows you to fire a drill, that destroys every enemy in its path (except invinciible ones). Also, you can charge through people while holding on to it, making you an unstoppable projectile of doom. Also, it button mashed while in the air, and if a direction (horizontal) is held down, you can float insane distances, because activating the drill stops you from falling. Platforming and fighting help all in one.
- Ice + Electric. It turns Kirby into a refrigerator and pops out three food items. And it can be used in boss fights. That's right; this power lets you heal during boss fights!
- Provided you can hit the bosses, that is. Otherwise...
- Fire + Bomb. Kirby jumps, spins, and shoots fireworks all around him. Usable three times before you have to land, and gets bigger with each use. You keep all of your momentum and mobility when attacking, making it great for moving through levels quickly.
- In short, with experimentation, even newbie players will stumble upon at least one combo that makes the game a breeze. As a result, the biggest challenges are found in One Hundred Percent Completion, where you are often required to use a particular ability -- not necessarily an effective one -- to find a Shard.
- Moe: The Fairy Princess/Queen, who is a Meganekko, Dojikko and combines it with a hefty dose of Adorkable. In the bad ending she is a lot less cute though...
- Nightmare Fuel: The true final boss, Zero-Two.
- If Stage 5-4 wasn't bad enough already, it's got Creepy Awesome music and one area full of what appear to be medical experiments.
- Scarfy's transformed state. Especially considering that, in this game, all one has to do to get it to transform is look away from it. Much like Boos, but much, much scarier.
- King Dedede, in his boss fight when he exposes the dark matter.
- Stage 6-2. The music.
- Stage 6-3's music. Jazz has never sounded so "oh god something is coming something bad is going to happen HURRY HURRY".
- That One Boss: Miracle Matter, for some. Particularly his bomb form, which fills the screen with painful bubbles.
- That One Level: Stage 5-4, a marathon of a factory full of One-Hit Kill deathtraps.
- That One Sidequest: The Crystal Shard in level 4-2 that requires you to carry the Dynamite powerup all the way to the end of the level (because nothing in 4-2 itself will give you that particular combination) is widely regarded to be most annoying (or close to it) Shard in the game to get.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.