|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Describe Kingdom Hearts The Unsung War Trilogy here...
Sure, I'll give it a shot...
A Forum RPG created by yours truly under the name of Spartan. This RP had already succeeded in finishing Part one of the three part trilogy and is currently on it's second part.
Taking place Four years after the events of Kingdom Hearts II. The storyline revolves around a young Keyblade Apprentice named Raven Otsdarva, who is trained by his father, Erieste, a Keyblade master who served in the Keyblade War fifteen years ago (around 10 months prior to Birth By Sleep)
However upon his disappearance, Raven encounters a female Keyblade Knight named Luna Thermidor, who drags him along into a war between the Heartless and the Realm of Light.
Considered one of the longest RP's in Final Fantasy Forums, it has since gained in popularity among its small Roleplaying Community. It has also spawned a Prequel Fan-Fic, Kingdom Hearts Confessions Of A Knight
The Story is split into Three Parts:
- 1. The Unsung War
- 2. Into The Dusk
- 3. Wings of Unity (Formerly The Journey Home)
Part 2: RP
The RP contains appearances from the following games and films thus far:
- The Little Mermaid (location only)
- The Incredibles
- Lilo and Stitch
- Aladdin (yet to be introduced)
- Ace Pilot: The 4 major characters (Raven, Luna, Hal, Chao) are all skilled pilots with Gummi Ships.
- Action Girl: Fuu Chao Rin, Luna Thermidor
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Raven and Luna provide this in at least a few battles. As well as Luna and Chao near the end of Part 1.
- Badass Bookworm: Hal Otacon received a Master's degree in Military Strategy. He not only serves as Raven (the current leader's) adviser in leadership, but also a capable fighter in his own right.
- Badass Longcoat: Raven sports one of these in Part 2.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Subverted, though Eliane is a monk in the literal sense of Final Fantasy Jobs, she also fights with a Staff
- Blade on a Stick: In addition to her three Keyblades, Chao also has a Da Dao which can be separated into several sections. Orion also sports a spear as well. Shadow however uses a Scythe
- Bloodless Carnage: Subverted, though there are some cases when Heartless attacks can deal damage, not all of them will draw blood.
- Cool Ship: The Arkbird and Kestrel, based on 5's Arkbird and 6's Agaion respectively. The Pelican unfortunately, is not.
- Raven's new Gummi Ship, is the Normandy SR-2
- Comm Links: Will be introduced in Part 2.
- Creator Breakdown: With many people going to college and others figuratively going mad, updates have already become few and far apart, with at least 2 people already pulling out temporarily to deal with their real-life issues.
- Curb Stomp Battle: Scinfaxi handed the good guys their ass in their first fight in Part 1. Orion does the same to Raven in one on one combat in Part 2.
- Darker and Edgier: This rendition of the Kingdom Hearts story is more cynical than the regular title, yet still has an idealistic side.
- Determinator: Raven will do whatever it takes to protect his friends, no matter what happens to him physically.
- Dual-Wielding: Raven used these early on in his fight against Dagr Scinfaxi in Part 1, and still carries a combat knife to Dual wield with his Keyblade. Chao is capable of dual- and even tri-wielding her Keyblade, while Hal dual wields short swords.
- Tsuki also Dual Wields
- Fingerless Gloves: Raven had been wearing these since the beginning
- Seven Man Band
- The Gunslinger: Desiree Kaufman (Types C and D) and Raven (Types A and C) are this.
- The Heartless: Wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts without em, now would there?
- Lady of War: Luna Thermidor and Fuu Chao Rin
- Legacy Character: As in Halo, the Arbiters are these.
- Magic Knight: Luna
- Nakama: Even though Raven is the leader, he treats his friends as if they more like family than as a pushy authority figure.
- Normally I Would Be Dead Now: Hal's near-death experience after fighting Scinfaxi.
- Parental Abandonment: Many of the characters in the RP has had at least one or both parents disappearing as their backstory. Raven's motivation in this is that he is searching for his father, who disappeared at the beginning of Part 1.
- Private Military Contractors: Desiree was hired by Raven, but only because she wanted a way home, and he needed all the help he can find.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Raven has red eyes, but we have yet to see if this trope will be played straight.
- Retired Badass: Subverted, While Erieste is not as active as he was in the Keyblade War 15 Years Prior to the events of the RP. He keeps himself active in defending his homeworld before his disappearance. Averted with Reo Hamilton, who is now the commander of the Army of Light.
- Reverse Grip: Raven does this in conjunction with his Firearm of choice.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Chao is the Princess and Heir Apparent to the throne of Eastern Cloud, yet she also possibly kicks the most ass in the group and wields the mighty Pheonix Summon Spirit.
- Laleth in her backstory, was also a Princess in her backstory, but is believed to have abandoned her title when she left her kingdom. Despite this, she's a half-demon keyblade wielder, who is a master archer and can summon demons.
- Luna subverts this. While she's not a royal per se, she is the daughter of an aristocrat, said Aristocrat being the Elected Prince of Traverse Town. She also has the Shiva Summon Spirit, and is a capable Black Mage, without lacking in direct swordsmanship.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: The Heartless Army Accountant does this after being threatened with death by Shadow.
- Self-Insert Fic: Averted, entire events are completely original, and only the location (and in some cases) the characters are there.
- Shout-Out: Essentially simplified to " Kingdom Hearts to the story of Ace Combat 5" there are many shout outs to the original games they were based on.
- Standard Sci-Fi Fleet: Both the Realm of Light and The Heartless now have their own fleets of Gummi Ships, with ships rivaling the size of entire worlds. Both sides have Aircraft Carriers (named Heavy Command Cruisers), AA Cruisers, Destroyers and Frigates as well as small scale Fighter Craft in similar vein to those from Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect, Halo and Ace Combat, among others.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Dark Tsuki, the Dark counterpart to Tsuki.
- Super Soldier / Summon Magic: Skills can be augmented either by junctioning magic (similar to the system in Final Fantasy VIII) or by acquiring Summon Stones. Both come with drawbacks, as junctioning magic only slightly makes you more powerful, but it is safer. Summons on the other hand give you a large increase in power, but if not controlled can harm your allies. Chao is a special case in that she is born with the Pheonix spirit.
- Sword and Gun: Raven's fighting style
- That Man Is Dead: It is revealed that Hal Otacon's real name is Lester
- The Voice: The Summon Spirits can also communicate with their hosts within their mind, much to the chargin of Chao Considering that spirit very nearly killed her and her friends.
- Vestigial Empire: According to what little has been told in the RP so far, the Lucid Empire was this.
- War Is Hell: AND HOW!!!
- Warrior Princess: Chao is this. According to the backstory, the rest of the Fuu family are this as well.
- Wutai: Eastern Cloud, the homeworld of Fuu Chao Rin.