|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Keys fall into our lives. Life and death are mere echoes to them. Time is an illusion. There is only the heart, and the power it wields.
Kingdom Hearts: The Movie is a film based on the popular Kingdom Hearts series. Originally, series creator Tetsuya Nomura said, "What the hell! I don't want no film," but after the runaway successes of Kingdom Hearts Coded 2 and Kingdom Hearts 359 Days Over 2, he agreed to let director Christopher Nolan make the movie as long as he [Nomura] wasn't allowed to touch it with a ten foot pole.
Nolan decided to set the movie in high school, changing Sora into freshman Sora Kingdoms who seeks the attention of the beautiful Kairi Seablade, while competing with his rival Riku White. Just when things seem to be looking up for Sora, his older brother Ventus Kingdoms comes home with a problem: his old friend Terra Catcher has turned to the dark side, and is unleashing the forces of darkness upon the world. Guided by a wooden key Terra once gave to Ventus, Sora meets up with Aqua Wayfinder, the old friend of Ventus and Terra, and tries to find a way to defeat the darkness. Now, Sora and his friends are the only thing stopping Terra from destroying the world.
Of course, there's more to it, because it wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts otherwise.
The movie was released the day before whatever the date currently is, and is available in 3 D. It is the first in a prospective trilogy, which is going to be completely awesome.
- Aloof Big Brother: Ventus in the first half, but then he and Sora grow closer together.
- The Dark Side Will Make You Forget: Ansem and Terra were good people until they tampered with the dark side.
- Can't Catch Up: After Sora gets the keyblade, Riku can't ever match his power. This leads to him making a deal with Ansem.
- Disc One Final Boss: The movie is two and a half hours. Sora fights Terra one hour in. You can see where this is going.
- Fallen Hero: Three examples.
- Terra. Originally he was a good man, but then he started using the powers of darkness, causing his downfall.
- Master Aqua, who gave people fake keyblades made by putting darkness in a key-shaped shell.
- Ansem, who originally wanted to use darkness to make the world a better place, but caved to it's power.
- High School AU
- The Man Behind the Man: Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
- Sequel Hook: Double Subverted. The Stinger shows Ansem's hand twitch, but then he gets run over by a truck. But Axel was driving the truck, and he phones his boss, Xemnas.
- Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Trailer: Samuel L. Jackson as Ansem, because they didn't want to spoil who the Big Bad was.
- Stealth Pun: Terra's middle name is "Firma".
- Also, Kairi Seablade anyone?