|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
John Hall used to be a street performer / poet, but he eventually decided, to quote, "20 minutes of me reading poetry are boring", thus King Missile was born.
Their style can be described as several minutes of Hall reading his free verse poetry, accompanied by various music.
Notable for being extremely quotable.
Their songs provide examples of following tropes:
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: "Detachable Penis"
- Cluster F-Bomb: The Psychopathology Of Everyday Life mainly earns its parental advisory sticker due to one song and a recurring series of poems: "The President" is a 3 minute rant against George W. Bush that borders on angrish and contains 61 uses of the word "fuck", while "The Pain Series" is a set of equally profanity-filled reactions to physical pain, the causes ranging from hitting one's thumb with a hammer to getting a paper cut. "Martin Scorsese" definitely qualifies as well.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Many, many songs.
- Jesus Was Way Cool: Trope Namer, page quote.
- Humans Are Bastards: "Indians" can be summarized as "We've done horrible things to Indians, because that's the way we are: we are pigs. I've also killed a cockroach, but that isn't relevant, I guess I got kinda sidetracked.
- List Song: "Up My Ass" is a list of things that go you would never ever guess where.
- Loony Fan: "Martin Scorsese"
- Obligatory Bondage Song
- Margaret's Eyes, in which the singer tries to describe the color of Margaret's eyes while she keeps him on a leash and puts out cigarettes on him.
- Leather Clown, in which a fictional relationship with a non-existing leather-clad, female clown is described.
- Stealing From the Till: "Take Stuff From Work", page quote.
- Transparent Closet: "Gay/Not Gay", see Quotes.
- Word Salad Title: King Missile (Dog Fly Religion) does not have anything in common with missiles, kings, crowned missiles, dogs, dog flies, religion practiced by, or involving dogs or dog flies.
- Word Salad Lyrics: Also happens.