|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Kinectimals is a game for the Xbox 360. The player takes on the role of an adventurer/explorer who visits a remote, mysterious island. There, the player discovers its inhabitants — a bizarre lemur/fairy hybrid named "Bumbles" and a bunch of great cat cubs. Bumbles soon tells the player of "Felis Aurum," a giant cat statue made out of gold, said to be hidden somewhere on the island, and he, the player and one of the cubs go off to explore.
A sequel/expansion pack was released Kinectimals Now With Bears. In this, you arrive at Mira Island, the island shown at the end of the first game. And with a new guide, "Lina" you explore the island solving "Fiddler’s Quest."
This video game contains examples of:
- All Animals Are Dogs: The big cats don't quite act like dogs, they act more like a cross between a dog, a domestic cat, and a human baby.
- Everythings Cuter With Kittens: Well, African leopard cubs, anyway.
- Panthera Awesome: The developers could've gone with just regular ol' kittens. They didn't.
- Rule of Cute: What's that, you say? Lions, Tigers, Panthers, Cheetahs and Leopards don't have the same habitat, aren't the same size, and don't act like housecats? Who cares!
- Sequel Hook: You, Bumbles, and your cub discover another island at the end of the game.
- More subtle are the statues showing three different kinds of animal heads - a large cat head, a bear head, and a wolf head.
- The Reveal: Felis Aurum Is not a giant gold cat statue, but the world's last Sabertooth Tiger!