The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Aborted Arc: His match with CM Punk was canceled due to Nash not really being able to pull off a match these days.
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: The 2011 Royal Rumble. Entrant #32?
- Just to make sure that it isn't understated how much this trope applies, the crowd was WILD the instant his music hit. Like, louder pop than Cena wild.
- Rey Mysterio was booed for giving Diesel a 619. And the crowd kept with the Diesel chants after he was eliminated.
- Base Breaker: Kevin Nash is up there with Jeff Jarrett and Triple H in terms of having a bad reputation with Internet Fans. Nash slightly moreso since during his tenure in WCW as Head Booker, he literally did prevent people such as Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit get their arguably deserved pushes. Of course, considering his reception at the Royal Rumble, he's still widely popular.
- Growing the Beard - His run as WWE champion is remembered for being... pretty poor. It's been noted he was the lowest paid WWE Champion because he was the lowest drawing. The highlight of which has to be Brett Hart taking it from him at the Survivor Series (well, that and his PWI Match of the Year with Shawn Michaels.) However, after that, he started becoming a more interesting Heel. He then jumped shipped to WCW and with the NWO became the Magnificent Bastard we know and love.
- He's Back: After dropping off the radar since his 2011 Rumble appearance, he returned to cheap shot CM Punk at Summerslam after retaining the WWE Championship, allowing Alberto Del Rio to cash in his Money in the Bank Briefcase and win the title.
- Magnificent Bastard
- Memetic Mutation: As part of his Glass Cannon designation. He once tore a quad muscle just by walking across the ring to make a tag, giving rise to the (brief) "OW MY FUCKING QUAD~!"
- He also has a summer house on Fire Island, thank you for asking.
- Never Live It Down: "So this is 'where the big boys play,' huh? Look at the adjective--play!" No, Mr. Nash, "play" is not an adjective.
- Protection From Editors: His booking went unquestioned in the later years of WCW and for a time in TNA.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.