|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.Tyson Smith (born, October 16, 1983) s a Canadian-born Japanese professional wrestler currently signed to All Elite Wrestling and Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, better known by his ring name Kenny Omega. Prior to AEW and AAA, he also wrestled for New Japan Pro Wrestling, Dramatic Dream Team, Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling Guerilla and Premier Championship Wrestling. As a member of the infamous gaijin stable Bullet Club, he became its fourth leader at New Year's Dash 2016, after firing previous leader AJ Styles, in a reign that lasted over 2½ years before he and several other Bullet Club members broke off and formed their own faction called The Elite.
He's an IWGP Heavyweight Champion, an AAA Mega Champion, two-time NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion (with The Young Bucks), a former one-time IWGP Intercontinental Champion, the inaugural IWGP United States Champion. two-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, a one-time AEW World Tag Team Champion (with Hangman Page), one-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion (with Kota Ibushi), and the first ever gaijin to win NJPW's annual G1 Climax tournament in 2016.
I'm going to challenge you to the tropes list that never ends!
- Alternate Company Equivalent: Let's see, a professional wrestler and a video game aficionado outside of the squared circle. Are we talking about Kenny Omega or Xavier Woods?
- Bash Brothers: With The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) ever since becoming a member of the Bullet Club. This later extends to Cody Rhodes when they created AEW together.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Again, with The Young Bucks.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Went from being a happy-go-lucky gaijin in NJPW to join the Bullet Club and becoming their personal hitman "The Cleaner." Then became one within the Bullet Club itself when, on the show following Wrestle Kingdom 10, Omega betrayed AJ Styles and usurped Styles' position, becoming the new head of the Bullet Club. Within his first year, he would then go on to win the Intercontinental title and then become the first Westerner to win the G1 Climax to solidify how much of a threat he was since turning heavyweight.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: With Japanese pro wrestler Michael Nakazawa, who appears in Omega's "Cleaner's Corner" YouTube videos. This has carried over to AEW and BTE, with Kenny and Nakazawa being shown to be best friends.
- Power Stable: Bullet Club, The Elite.
- The Starscream: How he kicked AJ Styles out of the Bullet Club and took control of the stable.
- Worthy Opponent:
- Admitted in the post-Wrestle Kingdom 11 press conference that Kazuchika Okada was the best wrestler in Japan, and possibly the world. On his end, Okada praised him as the best foreign wrestler in New Japan's history. Further cemented at the end of the first night of the G1 Special in USA. Kenny gave Okada the spotlight, but not before saying he was going to win their match against each other in the G1 Climax.
- Jon Moxley in 2019, full stop. It comes into full circle in Full Gear.