Kenji Utsumi is amongst one of the oldest veteran seiyu next to Chikao Ohtsuka, and is still active in doing voice roles to this day. His forte is usually about big muscular guys, and these guys tend to be Badass most of the time or evil in some way. To some, he's also quite the Memetic Badass thanks to his role as Raoh, especially since he is the most well known role for the character.
Roles done by Kenji Utsumi:
- Raoh in Fist of the North Star
- Zodd in Berserk
- Recoome in Dragon Ball (Yes. THAT pose-crazy Recoome) as well as Commander Red, the commander-in-chief dictator of the Red Ribbon Army from the same series.
- And Shenlong
- Major Alex Louis Armstrong in Fullmetal Alchemist (This voice acting technique has been passed down in the Armstrong line for GENERATIONS!!!)
- Hugo Gilchrist in Tales of Destiny
- Colonel Volgin in Metal Gear Solid 3
- Garland in Dissidia Final Fantasy (Unfortunately, they didn't put the line "I, Garland, will KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN!" for him to voice over)
- Gaoh Kyogoku Hinowanokami in Samurai Shodown 5 and Samurai Shodown 5 Special, who's basically what you get when you combine Raoh and Oda Nobunaga.
- Genji Kamogawa in Hajime no Ippo.
- Senbei Norimaki in Doctor Slump (1981)
- Hiaburi Lion in Kämpfer
- Ooba Kyuutarou in Kemonozume, proving that he can do batshit crazy evil very convincingly.
- Hades in Shin Mazinger
- Blank in Space Channel 5