Describe Kenichi Ogata here.
Father of the Seiyu World, or what Megumi Hayashibara calls him.
Ken'ichi Ogata (緒方 賢一, Ogata Ken'ichi?) (born March 29, 1942) is a male seiyū from Tagawa, Fukuoka Prefecture.
The work in which he voiced the most characters was in the Super Robot Wars series. He used to work at Aoni Production and now is working at Production Baobab.
Kenichi Ogata was born to Japanese comedian Kenichi Enomoto on March 29, 1942. After graduating junior high school, Ogata studied cooking, and then went to high school, where he aimed to be a comedy performer, and worked for some theatrical companies. His voice acting debut was in Mazinger Z, and has been voice acting since.
He is known for his unique soft voice, but also for his astringent and villain roles, and has an established reputation for his role in Tensai Bakabon.
Voice actress Megumi Hayashibara pronounced him as the "Father of the seiyū world". So if Osamu Tezuka is the god of anime, then Kenichi-san is the god of seiyu. Well, that's a joke.
- Genma Saotome in Ranma ½
- Father in Atashinchi
- Hiroshi Agasa in Detective Conan
- Myouga in Inuyasha
- Shamisen in Suzumiya Haruhi
- Shimazu Yoshihiro in Sengoku Basara
- Pluto (Charon) in Pokémon
- King Dedede in Kirby of the Stars
- The Brain in the Japanese dub of Animaniacs and spinoff Pinky and The Brain
- Victor the Securitron in the Japanese dub of Fallout: New Vegas
- Girigiri Oyaji in Lightning Legend Daigo no Daibouken