Kate Higgins is the West Coast equivalent of Eric Stuart, as she is an anime voice actress and a musician as well. Her best known role is Sakura Haruno in Naruto. She usually is casted as Tsunderes or Cool Big Sisters. However, she avoided typecasting herself by also being capable of voicing other types of characters when needed such as older women, villains, comic reliefs, and even young boys. You can easily tell her voice when she's angry.
She can play the piano and write her own music as well. She trained under famed jazz pianist Bob Richardson. She is also in a band called Upperstructure.
Here's her MySpace page.
Notable roles by Kate Higgins:
- Sakura Haruno and Udon in Naruto
- Karin Kurosaki, Retsu Unohana, Nanao Ise, and Lilly in Bleach
- C.C. in Code Geass
- Tina Armstrong in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2
- Miki Kurosaki in Digimon Savers
- Emi Isuzu in Tenjho Tenge
- Talho and Linck in Eureka Seven
- Saber in Fate/stay night
- Jessica Darlin in IGPX
- Nanako Kuroi in Lucky Star
- Scarlet Witch in Wolverine and the X-Men
- Yuri and Seyama in Samurai Champloo
- Megumi Oumi, Kolulu, and Laila in Zatch Bell!
- Jessica Philomele of Mana Khemia. Like Sakura, she is also a pink-haired Combat Medic.
- Tails and Wave in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, as of Sonic Free Riders onwards.
- Deadra in the XBLA release of Zeno Clash
- Rhyme and Uzuki in The World Ends With You
- Subaru Kujou in Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
- The female announcer in Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- IF in Hyperdimension Neptunia
- Zefiris in Scrapped Princess
- Angel in Stitch!
- Fuka Kazamatsuri in Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
- Hisui in Kagetsu Tohya
- Pascal in Tales of Graces
- Toph Beifong in The Legend of Korra
- The Solid Rock (1998) - Concord Records
- The Tide is Low (2002) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
- Upper Structure 6 by 5 (2004)
- Bigger than Love (2006) - Concord
- Stealing Freedom (2009) - Concord Jazz - with Eric Alexander and Steven Bernstein
Tropes associated with Kate Higgins:
- Idol Singer: As its been mentioned before she is a fairly accomplished singer before she went into voice acting. Its certainly a lot easier to notice when not only does she do the speaking voice of Megumi she is also Megumi's singing voice as well.
Tropes frequently associated with characters Kate Higgins has played:
- Cool Big Sis
- Cry Cute: Sakura and C.C being the big examples.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: You may think she's typecast into Tsunderes and is comparable to Rie Kugimiya. But no, she's capable to voicing a variety of characters.
- Tsundere: Sakura Haruno from Naruto is easily the biggest example but is by no means her only role like that.