The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Kate DiCamillo is a American author of children's books. Her works include Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tiger Rising, The Tale of Despereaux, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, and The Magician's Elephant.
Works by Kate DiCamillo with their own trope pages include:
Other works by Kate DiCamillo provide examples of:
- Big Friendly Dog: Winn-Dixie in Because of Winn-Dixie (so called because the girl who adopted him first saw him running around inside a Winn-Dixie supermarket).
- Fear of Thunder: In Because of Winn-Dixie, the dog is horribly afraid of thunderstorms.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: In The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, a character tells a story where the princess, as an animal, ends up killed and stewed because she was unloving.
- A Girl and Her X: Because of Winn-Dixie -- a girl and her dog.
- Insubstantial Ingredients: In Because of Winn-Dixie, Miss Franny tells the girls that the Littmus Lozenge's secret ingredient is sorrow.
- Living Toys: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane is narrated by a China doll, Edward Tulane, as he describes the different owners he encounters (and the persons they assign him) after being lost by his original owner.
- Missing Mom: In Because of Winn-Dixie, the main character's mother left when she was three.
- Power of Love: What Edward learns in The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.