The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Katanas are given a superior treatment to other swords.
- Straight: Alice's katana is hailed as the best sword around.
- Exaggerated: Alice's katana is capable of halving a bronze statue, something she cannot seem to do with any other sword.
- Justified: Alice's katana was made by a supremely talented smith using the finest materials available.
- Or: Alice uses a katana because she was trained to become a samurai.
- Everyone's weapons carry some sort of enchantment, and Alice's katana enchantment best fits her personality.
- Inverted: Alice's katana is unable to cut through the same things Bob's claymore and Charlie's saber can.
- Subverted: Alice's looks like she was beating claymore-wielding Bob, but he was just holding back. After that the fight is more even.
- Double Subverted: But Alice was holding back too.
- Parodied: Alice likes to file her nails with a katana and cook with one too.
- Deconstructed: Alice spends a hefty amount of money on a katana, fully expecting it to be better than Bob's claymore and Charlie's saber, but is dismayed when she finds out that their much cheaper swords are just as capable of doing any job her katana can do.
- Reconstructed: Alice bought a replica under the impression it was a genuine katana. Once she gets her hands on a real one, it turns out to be the superior sword after all.
- Zig Zagged: Alice is a katana collector, and her pieces vary wildly in quality and cutting power.
- Or: Alice's katana is imbued with a magical spirit that can make the weapon supernaturally powerful... when the spirit is properly placated.
- Averted: Alice's katana is treated as just another sword.
- Enforced: "But claymores and sabers are boring, and everyone knows that the Japanese make better weapons."
- Lampshaded: "Alice has become a lot more badass ever since she picked up her katana."
- Invoked: "I've been thinking about picking up a new sword, probably a katana. I hear they can cut through tanks."
- Defied: Alice decides to get a scimitar or kris instead.
- Discussed: "Katanas Are Just Better, okay? They can cut anything!"
- Conversed: "I wish I had a katana like the one Alice has."
Back to Katanas Are Just Better
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.