The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Kara" is a short film created by Quantic Dream to showcase their new graphics engine. It starts off showing the assembly and activation of a Ridiculously Human Robot... who proves to be a little too human.
Go watch it on YouTube.
Contains examples of:
- Artificial Human / Artificial Intelligence
- Bald Women: Though she does get hair implanted later. Twice.
- Character Title
- Do Androids Dream?
- The Faceless: The Operator.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The Operator is voiced by Tercelin Kirtley, who voiced Nathaniel Williams, Andrew, Miroslav Korda, and other characters in Heavy Rain.
- Ink Suit Actor/Serkis Folk: Kara looks just like her voice/motion capture actress, Valorie Curry. According to the producers, that's because Valorie "looked like an android already".
- Just a Machine: To The Operator, anyway. Kara disagrees.
- Mood Whiplash: Starts off as just an Excuse Plot to show off a new graphics engine. Then it shifts into serious Tear Jerker territory.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The Operator as he lets the fully sentient Kara-model go free.
- Omniglot: Kara's model comes packed in with 300 languages.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: The Japanese song Kara sings is "Sakura Sakura".
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Kara is this. Notable in that we see her assembly.
- Robot Girl: Starts off somewhere inbetween a FemBot and a Skele-Bot 9000 during the assembly, but skin and hair eventually projects itself over the metallic surface. Then she turns sentient...
- Sex Bot: One of her multiple functions.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.