His real name is Mitsuo Yamaguchi, but he's better known by his stage name Kappei.
Quite a versatile voice actor, though he tends to do well in hot-blooded roles such as the title characters of Inuyasha and Ranma ½. However, he has shown that he is capable of doing roles far different from these, such as L from Death Note.
He also seems to like monkeys, and some of his characters have even been compared to one. And cats, too.
Notable roles by Kappei Yamaguchi:
- Ranma Saotome from Ranma ½ (debut role)
- Tombo from Kiki's Delivery Service
- Taro Yoshida from Fancy Lala
- Crash Bandicoot
- Inuyasha from Inuyasha
- L from Death Note
- Kyle in the Japanese Dub of South Park
- Yattarou from Kyattou Ninden Teyandee
- Noin Claude from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
- Shinichi Kudo and Kaito Kid from Detective Conan
- Tarou "Monta" Raimon from Eyeshield 21
- Tasuku Shinhuji from the Super Robot Wars Original Generation series
- Usopp from One Piece
- Sai Saici from G Gundam and Super Robot Wars
- Jin Chonrei & Jin Chonshu from Fatal Fury
- Tytree Crowe from Tales of Rebirth
- Kuma/Teddie from Persona 4
- Tick Jefferson from Baccano!
- Takuma in Jungle de Ikou!
- Cheshire Cat from Pandora Hearts
- Hideyoshi Soya from The Law of Ueki
- Hikozaru/Chimchar from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
- Rattrap in the dub of Beast Wars
- Frappi in Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
- Kusama Daisaku in Giant Robo
- Light in Twinbee
- Daitokuji/ Amnael in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Ryu of Breath of Fire
- Current Japanese voice actor for Bugs Bunny.
- Son Goku (Justin Chatwin) in the Japanese dub of Dragon Ball Evolution.
- Artemis in the live-action Sailor Moon
- The Red M&M in the Japanese M&M commercials.
- Sena Izumi in Weiss Kreuz Gluhen.
- Nagakura Shinpachi in Peacemaker Kurogane
- Enma-kun in Dororon Enma-kun Meera Mera