Kaori Nazuka is one of the newer seiyus out there. She had a tendency to play young girls who were quite wiser than they should be, Morality Pet roles like Nunnally of Code Geass, Team Mom roles, Shrinking Violet roles; the reaction her soft, cuddly and helpless roles provoke in fans of both sexes tend to be "I'm Taking Her Home with Me"
But of late there are exceptions like Chloe of Spice and Wolf. Point in fact, recently she seems to be actively attempting to move on from the "sweet little sister" typecasting by taking taking cold, angry and deep-voiced roles like Kotegawa Yui of To Love Ru and Sango Shizuku of Kämpfer.
She is married as of February 2011, and gave birth to a baby daughter on December 31, 2011.
Notable roles by Kaori Nazuka:
- Nunnally Lamperouge in Code Geass
- Subaru and Shino in .hack//
- Chiriri from Bottle Fairy
- Hiromi Yuasa from True Tears
- Chloe from Spice and Wolf (A rare Playing Against Type role, alongside Nanapon below.)
- Nanapon from Seven of Seven
- Eureka from Eureka Seven
- Tsubaki from Soul Eater
- Lydia from Tytania
- Lynette Bishop from Strike Witches.
- Kotegawa Yui of To Love Ru. (Playing Against Type again, this time a very angry Tsundere Control Freak.)
- Kisa Sohma in Fruits Basket.
- Chi in Tsubasa, replacing Rie Tanaka who played her in Chobits.
- Kaja Bergmann in Natsu no Arashi!
- Miyabi "Professor" Oomichi in GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class
- Shizuku Sango in Kämpfer who may probably just channel Lelouch's gambits just to further tease people For the Evulz.
- Ange Serena in Tales of Innocence
- Yun in Simoun (Playing Against Type as a Bokukko with a lot of simmering self-hatred and resentment.)
- Maria Ross in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Tsukasa Ayatsuji in Amagami Playing Against Type - Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Tei in Towa no Quon
- Totooria Helmold in Atelier Totori and Atelier Meruru
- Ami Futami in Idolmaster: Xenoglossia
- Kaoru Yagi in Sket Dance (Playing Against Type - she has Nerves of Steel)