The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- What exactly is Yurie a goddess of? Every other god or goddess in the series is specifically an Anthropomorphic Personification except her, it seems. A couple people address it but she never answers, nor does she seem to know.
- She is likely a goddess of the elements, especially wind, seeing how she can effortlessly create typhoons, although it's strange that this never comes up later in the series. Maybe she is also a goddess of communication, seeing how she manages to come into contact with aliens and ghosts of warships alike. And then, of course, there's the possibility that she's simply the goddess of middle-schoolers, which might mean that she will never grow up and be a middle-schooler forever.
- Personally, I see her as one of two things: The goddess of Young Love or First Loves. Why? Well, to start, she spends nearly the entire series trying to get closer to Kenji. Also, outside of one or two incidents where she was simply over excited, she only manages to fully exert her powers when they are tied to Young Love(saving Kenji as well as the beach episode). Any other time she used a significant amount of power, she passed out. Even something seemingly simple like scrying caused her to faint 3 times.
- Yurie actually tries to find out what she's the goddess of, but doesn't ever seem to find the answer. Though it's implied that you need to study to specialize into a specific branch of godhood. Also, there are local deities who represent places rather than concepts. Yurie could simply be another of her home town.
- Why does Yurie fall in love with Kenji? He may be somewhat handsome (as far as we can tell from the art), but he is, frankly, a total weirdo, and not to mention pretty aloof toward Yurie for most of the series. Even when they finally do get together, Yurie doesn't even have a smidgen of the chemistry with him that she has with Matsuri, of all people.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.