|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen is an upcoming film (release date April 21) that will pit Toei's two most prominent Toku franchises against one another in a giant Crossover battle. What is known of the plot so far: Captain Marvelous, AKA Gokai Red, has formed Dai-Zangyack and attacks the Kamen Rider universe, hoping to claim their Grand Powers and the Ultimate Treasure in the Universe. Opposing them is Dai-Shocker, reformed by Doctor G and again lead by Tsukasa Kadoya AKA Kamen Rider Decade. Meanwhile, Rangers and Riders on both sides of the conflict are left wondering what's going on and why they're even fighting to begin with.
Oh, and it'll feature nearly 300 Rangers, Riders and villains fighting alongside one another. And the Fandom Rejoiced.
Confirmed to return so far:
- Main Cast:
- Kamen Rider Decade: Tsukasa (Decade), Kaitou (Diend), Narutaki
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: Marvelous (Gokai Red), Joe (Gokai Blue), Luka (Gokai Yellow), Don (Gokai Green), Ahim (Gokai Pink), Gai (Gokai Silver)
- Kamen Rider Fourze: Gentaro (Fourze), Ryusei (Meteor), the Kamen Rider Club
- Tokumei Sentai Gobusters: Hiromu (Red Buster), Ryuji (Blue Buster), Yoko (Yellow Buster)
- Supporting Cast:
(NOTE: At this early point, rumors abound, so please refrain from posting speculation or unconfirmed information.)
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Dai-Zangyack launches an attack on Amanogawa High School specifically to bring out Fourze so they can defeat him.
- Big Badass Battle Sequence
- The Cameo: It's been confirmed that Ryosuke Sakamoto, Yudai Chiba, Asaya Kimijima and Hiroaki Iwanaga will provide voiceovers for their characters (Red One, Gosei Red, Kamen Rider Birth and Birth Prototype respectively), but will not be appearing out of costume.
- Character Development: Rumor has it this will happen for Narutaki.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: The Gokaigers will change into their respective colors or the closest match when using OOO's combos. Which means that, for better or worse, Gai gets the gray SaGoZo basic form, while the purple PuToTyra Super Mode goes to Ahim.
- Combining Mecha: Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker combine their spaceships (Crisis Fortress and Gigant Horse) into a Humongous Mecha simply called "Big Machine".
- Counterpart Combat Coordination: All over the place.
- Kamen Rider Decade vs. Gokai Red (Power Copying)
- Decade vs. Tokumei Sentai Gobusters
- Gokai Red vs. Kamen Rider Fourze (Elemental Powers)
- Gokai Red vs. Seven Legendary Riders: Red One (Cybernetic heroes, except for Amazon)
- Demoted to Dragon: Major villains playing second fiddle to a Rider and a Sentai warrior? The real mystery here is who is going to be the true Big Bad once Decade and Gokai Red get double-crossed.
- Demoted to Extra: The initial press release stated that around 200 Sentai warriors will be featured in the movie, implying that all the heroes who were in 199 Heroes were going to be in it alongside the initial Go-Busters roster. However, the final lineup of Rangers was reduced down to 173. None of the sixth rangers and other extra heroes were featured with the exception of Gokai Silver and some of the non-sixth extras were missing as well (specifically the Gouraigers, Abare Black and Abare Killer; Geki Violet and Chopper only appeared in a flashback as well). On the other hand, the number of Riders was increased from the initial 40 to 50.
- Evil vs. Evil: Presumably Dai-Zangyack vs Dai-Shocker.
- Fake Shemp: Inevitable, even before one takes into account the actors who died, retired from acting, or are too busy.
- Legion of Doom: Dai-Shocker returns from Kamen Rider Decade (with a few additions like Doctor G, N-Daguba-Zeda, the Weather Dopant, and the Greeed); the Super Sentai side has Dai-Zangyack, which includes Warz and Akdos Gil, Brajira, Long, Chimatsuri Dokoku and Bio Hunter Silva.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Unlike past "Vs." movies, this one will actually pit the Riders and Rangers against one another for reasons yet unknown.
- If early magazine rumors are true, Dai-Zangyack and Dai-Shocker engineered the conflict so they could take over both universe.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Doesn't even need to be said, at this point.
- MacGuffin: Apparently Marvelous is after the Best Treasure in the Kamen Rider Universe, and needs the Greater Powers of the Kamen Riders to acquire it.
- Massive Multiplayer Crisis Crossover
- Meaningful Rename: Bio Hunter Silva becomes "Rider Hunter Silva" due to his new role as an enemy of the Riders.
- Mind Screw: The film's very premise, out of and In-Universe. Nobody except Tsukasa and Marvelous seems to know why they're fighting. This causes Kaitou, Hina, Joe and Don to join forces and try to figure out what's going on.
- Mythology Gag: Marvelous transforming into Shinken Red during his fight with Tsukasa references the previous Sentai/Rider team-up.
- Power Copying: Features the characters best known for it from each franchise.
- We also have Decade changing into Rider #1, his first-ever Showa change.
- And some participants will copy each other's powers: Gokaigers with OOO keys, Go-Buster-Oh with Fourze and his Switches, and the various card-based Riders with Gosei cards.
- Pun-Based Title: The tie-in net movies are mystery stories, with the title Super Hero Taihen.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: A girl with Super Strength, a Phantom Thief and two Space Pirates working together to investigate things behind the scenes.
- Shout-Out: In Super Hero Disaster #6, when Gai is discussing the name "Ranger", he says "On the other side of the ocean we're called Power Rangers".
- Stealth Pun: Fourze will be co-piloting Go-Buster-Oh through RH-03, Yoko's mecha. Why? Keep in mind what Fourze's Home Base is called.
- Super Dickery: You've got two purported heroes leading Legions of Doom and picking fights with each other.
- According to some summaries, Shocker has also inducted some Riders into their ranks, although this was on the pretense of fighting against Dai-Zangyack.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: The Go-Busters' Humongous Mecha using Fourze's Super Rocket and Super Drill Switches.
- The Gokai Galleon Buster being powered by the OOO Keys.
- The Unexpected:
- Bio Hunter Silva's return after nearly 30 years.
- Rangers and Riders using each others' powers.
- Visual Pun: Fourze Elek States vs. Denzi Red. Sword Sparks galore!
- We Have Reserves: Tsukasa delivers a speech to his minions saying (paraphrased): "Your only strength is that you keep coming back no matter how often you're killed, so go out there fully expecting to die and don't give up until all the Rangers are defeated!"
- Which obviously makes him a Bad Boss.
- "With Our Swords" Scene: Heroes from each side lend the other their powers: OOO loans the Gokaigers his Core Medals, which turn into Ranger Keys for his six single colored Combo forms, while the Goseigers loan Decade, Blade, and Ryuki their Attack Reflector cards in order to battle Kani Laser.