|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Kamen Rider J was a 1994 movie installment in the long-running Kamen Rider series.
Segawa Kouji is a reporter whose sister is carried off by the monstrous children of the alien Fog Mother to feed to her newly-hatched offspring. Kouji is given the mystical "J Power" to become Kamen Rider J and defeat Fog Mother before she can destroy mankind.
Footage from the movie was used in several episodes of Saban's Masked Rider, with J appearing only in faraway shots.
Kamen Rider J provides examples of:
- Badass Biker: Kamen Rider, duh!
- Crossover: With Kamen Rider ZO in the 8-minute short Kamen Rider World. Guest-starring monsters from several Kamen Rider installments and Shadow Moon.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Fog Mother is a giantic cybernetic doomsday monster whose sole purpose for existing is to feed civilizations to her monster offspring. And that's even mentioning her true form.
- Good Hurts Evil: The Fog Mother feels intense pain when J is first given his powers.
- Green Aesop: It appears here and there, though the Fog Mother's plan doesn't revolve around it.
- ~Hey, It's That Guy!~: Mochizuki Yuuta, best known for his role as Geki in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger plays Kouji.
- Make My Monster Grow: A heroic example where J does this to himself to defeat the giant Fog Mother.
- Mama Bear: Fog Mother is actually quite ticked off when J kills her babies and tries to take him down with her as she's dying because of it.
- Name's the Same: Agito, a part of the Fog, would later have his name shared with a Heisei-era rider, Kamen Rider Agito.
- Nature Spirit: A group of weird plant people who bring Kouji back to life as Kamen Rider J and task him with destroying the Fog Mother and her evil spawn, they state they're spirits of the Earth.
- Never Live It Down: Thanks to Kamen Rider Decade, all future references to J make out his one-shot giant growth to be his primary ability.
- Shout-Out: Kamen Rider J's name is a reference to the Japanese Pro Soccer League, better known as "J-League", which was founded a couple of years before the movie premiered.
- Terrible Trio: Agito, Zuu and Garai.
- Touch of the Monster: Kouji's sister passes out the instant she's carried off by Zuu, and spends nearly the entire film unconscious.