The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Archive Binge: It's very tempting to tear through all fifty-plus chapters of Kagerou in a single weekend.
- Archive Panic: When the archive page keeps expanding to show the over 45 chapters with 850+ pages, it can definitely get a little intimidating.
- Complete Monster: Red is pretty close to this trope, as he's shown no redeeming qualities whatsoever so far. The aptly named Monster probably deserves honorable mention as well, although Red manages to out-monster her at every opportunity.
- Creepy Awesome: Dark. Terrifying. But he's adorable! But, brrr...
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Red gets one when he kills Monster. It's also a Crowning Moment of Creepy.
Monster(currently being choked by Red's hair): Aren't... you... the Champion?
Red: Sure. What's your point?
Monster: You're... supposed to be... the GOOD guy!
Red: Oh. I'll keep that in mind.
He snaps her neck.
- Kano receives one all his own a little later in his mindscape: he snaps out of his Heroic BSOD just in time to stop Red from raping Fuuka, which he accomplishes by beating Red half to death (...again) with a tire iron.
- Don't forget Tonbo, who before then had been a Distressed Damsel, telling Tcaolin exactly where to shove it after getting her speech back:
- Dark has one in the form of setting Red on fire after making him read the names of every person he had ever killed. And then stabbing him with giant fiery fingers.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Kano's impulsive, awkward, adorable hand-on-the-shoulder-comfort moment with Cho. It's especially heartwarming because Kano despises physical contact.
- Draco in Leather Pants: If Red weren't so damn pretty, we'd hate him a lot more.
- Epileptic Trees: A story this convoluted just invites them. (But still.)
- Evil Is Sexy: Red. Dear God, Red.
- Genius Bonus: Every twenty-third page of a chapter in Kagerou has "SKIDOO!" at the top of the page, a reference to the phrase "twenty-three skidoo," obsolete slang from early 1900s America. It sort of meant...skedaddle.
- It is useful for a reader to know that "5150" (fifty-one-fifty) is a section of the California Welfare and Institutions Code which refers to involuntary psychiatric hold. That is to say, restraining a psychiatric patient without their consent, because that patient is deemed a danger to themselves or others due to their condition.
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Pretty much anything that happens in Kano's head qualifies. The horrible tentacle creatures? Hung from the ceiling with pipes through his chest? The Breaking Noise Monster? Yeesh.
- The Woobie: Pretty much all of the main characters take a turn as The Woobie, but Kano, Kid, and Tonbo/Fuuka come out on top.
- Dark blows them all out of the water.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.