The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Accidental Innuendo: One scene in "Great for Paper Training!" had June scream off-camera...but it came out more like a moan...like she was making love (which is squicky cuz she's ten-ish), but then we see that it was because her dog wizzed in her dressing room.
- The above example was also commonly featured in anime dubs from the time.
- Never mind the name Sniz...
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: Is that Ka Blam!!...on YouTube!? There's a forum now!? Torrents are availible!? Action League NOW is on Nicktoons again!? Some Megaupload downloadable episodes contain some of the banned ones!? PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Even better! It's being considered for The 90s Are All That! ROCK ON!
- Award Snub: The show was nominated four times for awards, and all of them lost.
- The first was an Annie award in the catagory of outstanding music in an animated television program, for Lino Sound's score for The Off-Beats episode "Suave-o-Matic". (1998)
- The second was another Annie award, same year. This time for Outstanding Male Voice Acting, for Nandor Nevai as various voices in Sniz & Fondue.
- The third was another Annie award in 1999, the catagory being Outstanding Acheivement in Production Design in an Animated TV Program. The Jetcat short "Scred Identity was a nominee.
- The fourth time was for a Young Artists Award in 1999. Julia McIlvaine was nominated for Best Young Female Voiceover in an Animated Production, for doing the voice of June.
- Cult Classic: Sure it's no Invader Zim, but kinda.
- Die for Our Ship: A lot of Henry and June shippers don't like Dawn.
- Ear Worm: The main title, the ending themes, and all of June's songs.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: June
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: "Remember kids, only nimrods choke!" And when your friends are choking, don't do a thing.
- And also, when you're mad, beat up your best friend!
- The "moral of the story" for More Happiness Than Allowed By Law seems to be, "Don't forget your friends' birthday, or else he or she will torture you".
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: One episode featured Henry and June all set to celebrate the show's 100th episode, but it turns out that Henry miscounted, and that it's not the 100th episode after all. This amusing gag is made a bit sadder when you realize that the show never made it to a 100th episode, coming short of even the halfway point at 47 episodes.
- Genius Bonus: Mr. Stockdale. You may remember him better as this or this.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The show is very popular in Latin America.
- As well as the Netherlands. In the same way as most anime, everyone hated the dubbed version shown in syndication, so by the time Nicktoons picked it up, the episodes were subtitled, with the audio still in English.
- Life with Loopy is the most popular short in Russia.
- Most Wonderful Sound: June singing.
- June laughing.
- June in general. Julia McIlvaine really needs to do more voice acting.
- Needs More Love: It was a great show, but many people don't remember it due to the Friday Night Death Slot and a lack of merchandise.
- The Scrappy: Dawn...and she only appeared once.
- Patch-Head qualifies as well.
- Hell, he was even this amongst the executives. Nick's then-president Herb Scannell told Chris Viscardi "love the show, but that Patch-Head scares me."
- Jimmy McGee
- Patch-Head qualifies as well.
- Seasonal Rot: Not so much as the entire show, but there are a lot that dislike some of the later one-off shorts.
- So Bad It's Good: the Life With Loopy shorts; as the viewers can plainly see some of the strings and wires used to control the non-human characters. However, the short is still funny, and like A Charlie Brown Christmas, it's what makes it memorable.
- Special Effects Failure: Life with Loopy falls under this sometimes. However this was more often in the older episodes, and improves as the show goes on.
- There's a scene in Get Sam Donaldson's Mystery Bag!, where the duo are having a robot war...and one part shows that inside the robots, the duo are completely static. However this is justified, as flash animation wasn't very common yet.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Life with Loopy.....at least for a minute
- Tear Jerker: June missing Henry after his resign from the show. And many other moments due to nostalgia.
- Toy Ship: Henry and June. Justified, however, as it's quite obvious that they like each other.
- Uncanny Valley: On some occasions.
- One example that comes to mind is the characters from the one-off CG short The Shizzagee. Especially the Shizzagee's owner.
- Garbage Boy. DEAR GOD.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Many fans were shocked when they found out that June was a girl.
- What Do You Mean It's for Kids?: While it is for kids (never mind all the nightmare fuel and crap past the radar), it's for a somewhat (but not by much) older demographic than most of Nick's shows at the time.
- The Woobie: Henry to some people.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.