KK C&D Asia was a Japanese studio established in 1983 by former TMS Entertainment producers Tetsuo Katayama and Shigeru Akagawa. The company mostly worked for Di C. They were often paired with other animation studios, Mook DLE in particular.
In 2000, the company closed for money costs and lack of any Japanese content; most of its employees now are working at Production I.G.
See also Wang Film Productions, another studio that has also worked with a lot of other studios.
KK C&D worked on the following shows (note that much of these shows are with other studios):
- The Real Ghostbusters (most of the series, alongside Wang, Toei Animation, Plus One Animation/Saerom, Sei Young, T Ms and other studios)
- MASK (With Production Reed, Visual 80, Hanho Heung Up and other companies).
- Pole Position (With AIC and Visual 80)
- Heathcliff and The Catillac Cats (Second season, replacing T Ms and Wang; along with other studios)
- Dinosaucers (with Madhouse and other studios)
- COPS (with Mook)
- Care Bears (DIC series)
- Beverly Hills Teens (with Mook & Hong Ying)
- ALF Tales (with Mook and Studio Shaft out of all studios)
- Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (with Sunrise, Studio Shaft and other studios)
- Little Shop (with Mook & Pasi)
- Popples (with Studio Junio, Studio Shaft, Studio Korumi, and Madhouse (yes, that Madhouse))
- Videopower (with Mook and Hong Ying)
- Michel Vaillant (with PASI and Hong Ying)
- Conan the Adventurer (with AKOM)
- King Arthur and the Knights of Justice (with Mook and other studios)
- The BOTS Master (with Dong Woo and other studios)
- Littlest Pet Shop (with Wang, AKOM and other studios)
- Montana Jones (Key Animation)
- Many Jetlag Productions videos
- Several Golden Book videos (with Mook)
Tropes associated with KK C&D:
- Animated Adaptation: Heathcliff, Pole Position, The Real Ghostbusters, ALF Tales & Little Shop
- Animation Bump: Occasionally.
- Limited Animation: Most of their Di C work.
- Merchandise-Driven: MASK, COPS, Care Bears
- Off-Model: Quite a bit, especially with Dic.