|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- One of the big reasons this show was so well received right out of the gate was the fact that the first scene is a Crowning Moment of Awesome. Not to mention a perfect Establishing Character Moment for Raylan.
- The gun fight in "Bulletville"
- Tim shooting the "apricot" in "The Life Inside." Then again, Tim does seem to run almost entirely on CMOA and a dash of Deadpan Snarker.
- This troper actually clapped it was so perfect.
- "Can't carry a tune. I don't know how to shoot a basketball, and my handwriting's barely legible. But I don't miss." Marvelous little Badass Boast.
- Boyd: "You wanna make a living in this business, you gotta know your ABCs. Always Be Cool."
- How Raylan handles the thug who kicked Winona in the face at the bank robbery. It was just plain beautiful.
Raylan: Do you know where I'm from, asshole?
Raylan: Harlan County, where we know the difference between dynamite and road flares. (He delivers a very sweet punch right to the thug's face)
- YMMV, but this troper actually clapped when Raylan punched his old man in the face in "Reckoning" for his facilitation of Aunt Helen's death. It was well overdue.
- Boyd's beautiful out-gambitting of Mags, orchestrating the deaths of many of her goons.
- Tim shooting Doyle in the head in the Season 2 finale right before Doyle could kill Raylan, followed by Art's voice on the bullhorn. Big Damn Heroes indeed.
- Ava hitting Devil in the face with the frying pan when he tells her that he is not going to destroy the worthless marijuana crop. That will teach him not to disrespect her. You can also see from Arlo's expression that he is quickly reevaluating the pecking order in Boyd's organization.
- Art going "Old book" on the scumbag who killed his friend in "Cut Ties"
- From the same episode, Boyd approaching a clique of black inmates in prison, and asking to use the weight bench. And fearlessly displaying his swastika tattoo, and asking for a spot. They actually give it to him too.
- The way Raylan beats "Icepick" Fletcher at his own game. It has to be seen to be truly appreciated.
- Limehouse's introductory speech to a young henchman who fell asleep while on guard duty, quickly established why he is so feared and respected in Harlam County.
- Quarles's double killing of Arnett and his assistant not only gets rid of two underperforming individuals, but also scares the living hell out of Wynn Duffy. WYNN. DUFFY. That moment has already cemented Quarles as one cold hearted man.
- Raylan finally living up to his word and engaging in that "special conversation" with Wynn Duffy, bonus points for making Quarles watch the whole thing. And then there's the following bit, which was referenced by an FBI agent to be "badass":
Raylan: (tosses a bullet onto Wynn's chest) The next one's coming faster.
- Raylan, doped up on as Art says "Enough tranq to stop a rhino" shooting through the dead guy on top of him, to take out the woman about to kill him during "Thick As Mud."
- Boyd's speech during the town hall meeting completely changes the nature of the election. Sheriff Napier is made to look like a mining company goon and Shelby and Boyd are made to look like folk heroes fighting for the little guy. It's nonsensical, populist rhetoric but Boyd really knows how to inspire a Harlan resident and once he is on a roll, nothing can stop him.
- Ava killing Delroy. After seeing him brutalize Ellen May and manipulating the women in his brothel into doing his dangerous dirty work, it was satisfying to see his karma catch up with him.
- Shelby facing down two deputies who were trying to plant drugs in his car. He makes them back down by telling them that he has cancer and thus does not care if he lives or dies. He then suggest that he might keep them as deputies if he gets elected sheriff. He is lying through his teeth.
- Boyd steals the election from Napier and Quarles through an ingenious abuse of an anti-nepotism law. Quarles is furious but even he admits that the way Boyd blindsided him was impressive.
- Rachel very calmly kicking an ignorant thug in the nuts when he won't let her talk to some drug dealers about Dickie Bennett. The moment becomes even more awesome when Tim sneaks up behind them as they try to ward her off.
- Boyd beating the ever loving hell out of Dickie Bennett, during the start of "Coalition."
- Raylan's amazing "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Dickie Bennett shortly before shooting the little weasly coward and hauling his ass back to jail.
- Limehouse liberating Quarels of his arm with his big ass meat cleaver.
- Raylan's version of Russian Roulette with Wynn Duffy.
- Also counts as a dark Crowning Moment of Funny, due to Duffy loudly reminding Raylan that he is a cop, there are other cops outside and he can't just go around shooting people on a whim.