|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Justice League Dark is an ongoing DC Comics series launched in the New 52 DC Universe. The series features a faction of the Justice League that focuses on the magical and supernatural aspect of DCU. The primary cast is Zatanna, Deadman, Madame Xanadu, John Constantine, Shade the Changing Man and a new character called Mindwarp, who was introduced in Flashpoint. Each character has a history, and powers, related to the supernatural, which makes them better equipped deal with these threats than the Justice League of America.
The original arc featured the formation of the team as each character was independetly dragged into a conflict with the Enchantress.
Tropes featured in Justice League Dark include:
- The Lost Lenore: Kathy George, whom Shade keeps trying to recreate.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Enchantress's madness? Madame Xanadu's fault.
- Power Perversion Potential: The relationship between Deadman and Dove (Of Hawk and Dove) was established when Deadman attempted to possess a human body in order to have physical intimacy with Dove. She was noticably perturbed.
- Psycho for Hire: When Mindwarp is being recruited, it is established that even the other morally gray characters consider him a psychotic madman.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Emphasized and acknowledged by Xanadu. She states that all the others are dangerous to themselves and others, but are the only people around to save the world from mystic threats.
- Shoot the Dog: Constantine sacrifices the innocent June Moon in order to stop Enchantress. Deadman calls him out on this.