The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alas, Poor Villain: Johnny Quick
- Contemplate Our Navels: Seems to be Owlman's super-power.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The main theme (and closing credits theme) are among the best of the animated DCU films.
- Dissonant Serenity: Owlman. So, so much.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ah, Jester. We hardly knew ye.
- Many people were very, very impressed with James Woods as Owlman.
- Fetish Fuel Station Attendant: Superwoman, full stop.
- Foe Yay: Good Lord, Batman and Superwoman. From their introduction until he manages to get the best of her is just one big UST-filled Foe Yay scene. Hell, she even kisses him and offers to keep him as a pet. Batman needs an adult.
- Genius Bonus: Owlman naming his planet buster the QED
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Owlman being exiled to a frozen Earth in the climax comes across as oddly fitting considering one of James Woods' prior roles and his plan. Guess Phillium Benedict got a similar idea beforehand.
- Idiot Ball / Villain Ball: Sure, Superwoman, why not inhale Batman's "smokescreen"?
- To be fair, as a most likely invulnerable individual, she wouldn't have any reason to believe that inhaling the gas would be able to harm or impede her. Granted, she could have just blown it away, but maybe she was showing off.
- It's very easy to become overconfident if you're basically invincible. That's how Batman defeats supervillains.
- Internet Backdraft: There's complaints over the idea that Superwoman may be the evil amalgam of Mary Marvel instead of Wonder Woman. Comic Mythos really is Serious Business.
- This is in part because it reminds the fanbase of the Countdown to Final Crisis series where the regular Mary Marvel turned evil, which was not well received.
- Nightmare Fuel: An evil Expy Of Batman that sounds like James Woods?
- Squick: As Superwoman is the expy of Mary Marvel rather than Wonder Woman, this implies that she is in her late teens at the oldest. Either she's good at keeping secrets, or Owlman is a creepy weirdo. Moreso, at least.
- Also, when she casually reaches over and snaps one of Batman's ribs like she was breaking a twig.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.