|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A character compares an activity, no matter how unrelated or mundane, to sex. Bonus points if they go into great detail (often giving a description that has no resemblence to sex whatsoever, or is only about sex and not the other activity). If a character does this all the time, it can overlap with Talks Like a Simile. Looks like Freud really WAS right.
Compare: Better Than Sex.
- The Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series example that provides the page quote.
- Joey provides a similar example, stating that you treat a duel desk like you would a woman, "Sticking cards in it in regular intervals."
- In the Chinese (Hong Kong?) film Temptation of a Monk, the old monk has his head shaved by the protagonist. He does it so much more smoothly than the other monks, the old monk describes it as "just like what men and women do together."
- In the Movie Drumline:
Shaun: Playing the drums... it's like making love. You can't keep looking down and seeing what's going on down there.
- In Lord of War:
Yuri Orlov: Selling a gun for the first time is a lot like having sex for the first time. You're excited but you don't really know what the hell you're doing. And some way, one way or another, it's over too fast.
Live Action TV
Lord Flasheart: The first thing to remember is: always treat your kite [taps picture of airplane] like you treat your woman!
Lieutenant George: How, how do you mean, Sir? Do you mean, do you mean take her home at weekends to meet your mother?
Lord Flasheart: No, I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Swiss Toni: Going to the brink of death and back, in a nine car pile-up on a dual carriage-way, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, brace yourself, hold on tight - particularly if it's a rear-ender. Pray you make contact with her twin airbags as soon as possible.
- Though when he had a nervous breakdown he descended into Metaphorgotten:
Swiss Toni: Answering the phone, Paul, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You...pick up...the receiver...speak loudly and clearly...oh, and always state your name...(To himself) You're losing it Toni...
- Steve Martin - "Hosting the Oscars is much like making love to a woman. It's something I only get to do when Billy Crystal is out of town."
- Monty Python's Flying Circus:
Bruce#1: We find your American beer a little like making love in a canoe.
Bruce#2: Making love in a canoe?
Bruce#1: It's fucking close to water.
- Bill Maher on the Iraq War.
Bill Maher: Our intention was good; to penetrate Iraq and bring it to a glorious euphoric climax. But it's clear now, that's not going to happen... and yet, we're still pounding away, causing the whole area to become painfully inflamed... and in that situation the kindest thing you can do is just pull out.
- George Carlin had used similar metaphors to describe Vietnam and the Gulf War.
- Used in an early FoxTrot strip, with Roger getting glared at by his wife after trying to lecture his son... on the fine art of lighting a fire.
- The Secret of Monkey Island: "Swordfighting is kinda like making love. It's not what you do but what you say what's important."
- Used in one SMBC page, about trees. Let's just say someone had to clean bark out of his teeth.
- Used a few times in Futurama.
- Parodied in "The Series Has Landed", when Amy is trying to retrieve the keys to a spaceship from a claw arcade game.
Bender: "Come on, it's just like making love. Y'know: Left, down, rotate 62 degrees, engage rotor."
Amy: I know how to make love!
- After Fry first tries a delicious Poppler, he declares "It's like sex, except I'm having it!"
- From American Dad:
Jack: Now son, breaking in to a safe is like making love to a woman.
Stan: So, we should just pound on it for like two minutes?
Jack: No... you need to gently work the dials till she surrenders...
- A second example happens with a guy sweeping a broom outside an abandoned theater. He says sweeping's his passion, and equates it to making love. The Smiths drive away when he offers to show how a broom's like a phallus.
- South Park:
Chef: Children, playing football is like making love to a really beautiful woman. You can't always score, but when you can, it makes all the trying worthwhile.
- Inverted in The Simpsons, when Homer actually is trying to give Bart advice about a girl.
Homer: Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one! But you can't stop at one. You wanna drink another woman!