|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Exactly What It Says on the Tin, Just Imagine... was a series started in 2001, when Stan Lee collaborated with DC comics to reimagine DC's biggest heroes from his own storytelling perspective. Origins are radically changed (as are the causes for their powers) while still keeping to the basic mythologies of the various characters.
The characters as follows:
Tropes featured in this work include:
- Alliterative Name: Everyone - Wayne Williams (Batman), Maria Mendoza (Wonder Woman), Mary Maxwell (The Flash), Leonard Lewis (Green Lantern), Robert Rogers (CaptainMarvel), Ramon Raymond (Aquaman), and Joanie Jordan (Catwoman).
- Anti-Hero: Superman just wants to go home, and he figures he can turn humanity's minds toward space exploration once they're free of the distractions of war and crime.
- Catwoman is vain, and something of a kleptomaniac, (much like the original)!
- Ascended Fangirl: Mary/Flash was a big superhero comic book fan before getting her powers.
- Catgirl: Catwoman, natch. She can see in the dark, has cat-like reflexes and the ability to jump really far, and can shoot out really long claws.
- Badass Normal: Batman, naturally.
- Big Bad: Crisis
- Composite Character: Green Lantern in this telling looks like a mixture between Alan Scott (whose powers are based in mysticism) and Hal Jordan (strength of character and enormous courage).
- Disposable Love Interest: Male version in Steve Trevor for Wonder Woman.
- Disposable Woman: Superman's wife Lyella, and possibly Cathy for Green Lantern.
- Distaff Counterpart: Flash is female in this 'verse. There are female Flashes in the regular DC 'verse as well (Iris West and Jesse Quick), who may be inspirations for this character.
- Elemental Powers: Aquaman is made of water
- He's basically a heroic version of the Marvel Villain Hydroman.
- Face Heel Turn: Robin/Hawkman
- Five-Man Band: The Justice League in this universe as follows...
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: Genetic engineering to survive time travel is anyway.
- Jumped At the Call: Catwoman is easily the most enthusiastic of the superheroes to fight crime
- Kid Appeal Character: Flash
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Wonder Woman learns that her father is Guitez' puppet.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Superman names himself Clark Kent by seeing the words spelled out on a van and a street sign, respectively.
- Mayincatec: Wonder Woman's culture can be summed up as this.
- Professor Guinea Pig: Aquaman injects himself with his formula to test if it will help him breathe underwater.
- Race Lift: Batman's black and Wonder Woman is Peruvian.
- Religion of Evil: The Church of Eternal Empowerment, led by Reverend Darrk
- The not-so-good Rev. is basically an Expy of Brother Blood.
- Shout-Out: An early sketch for Darrk looks like Emperor Palpatine. He also Vader-chokes a subordinate at one point.
- The Dark Side: Well, the purple side anyway.
- The Dog Shot First: Parasite was abused as a child.
- The Force: It's green!
- The Nudifier: Green Lantern and Parasite
- The Starscream: Adam Strange
- Those Two Guys: Fly-By-Night Comics
- Weaksauce Weakness: Shazzam keeps saying "Shazzam" and is Brought Down to Normal each time. Green Lantern is vulnerable to the color purple, which just happens to be the color of the energy he's fighting. And anything Deathstroke touches dies, including himself.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Handz
- You Killed My Father: Batman says this to the gangster responsible for his father's death.