The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Are Mark's actions that of a selfish Man Child or a Henpecked Husband freeing himself to go on his own pursuits?
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Mark shows Juno what appears to be hentai, featuring a pregnant girl. Um...
- Brain Bleach: Oh, GOD. Those PORK SWORDS!!!
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop - Teen pregnancy is one wacky adventure, not a process that can completely ruin your life!
- A common complaint from news channel pundits and media commentators was that the film not only promoted the idea that a teenage pregnancy is a blast, but that if it's realized that it would be too difficult to raise a child while the mother is at such a young age, a baby can be swiftly adopted by more mature people who have the financial security and free time to raise a child--not exactly a realistic scenario for most young girls with unplanned pregnancies. Diablo Cody defended the film, pointing out that it would be a much shorter story if Juno had gone ahead with the abortion.
- Fridge Brilliance: The sounds of scratching, tapping and picking of fingernails in the clinic builds up to sound like a foetal heartbeat.
- Genius Bonus - While the movie mentions that Juno's named after the Roman goddess Juno, it doesn't mention that one of the main domains of said goddess is childbirth.
- Hype Aversion
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks
- No Yay - Mark and Juno, when they dance together.
- Scare'Em Straight - This movie is arguably a cautionary tale against teen pregnancy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.