|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
[Juggalos come] from all walks of life -- from poverty, from rich, from all religions, all colors. [...] It doesn't matter if you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth, or a crack rock in your mouth.—Shaggy 2 Dope
Within the community surrounding the Insane Clown Posse and Psychopathic Records artists, fans are known as "Juggalos", "Juggalettes" and "Ninjas". The term originated during a live performance by Insane Clown Posse. During the song "The Juggla", Joseph Bruce addressed the audience as Juggalos, and the positive response resulted in Bruce and Joseph Utsler using the word thereafter to refer to themselves and their friends, family, and fans, including other Psychopathic Records artists. Juggalos have compared themselves to a family. Common characteristics include drinking the inexpensive soft drink Faygo and wearing Monster Clown face paint. They view the lyrics of Psychopathic Records artists (which are often violent in nature) as a catharsis for aggression.
Public perception of Juggalos varies widely depending on your personal opinion of their preference in music. Juggalos are sometimes classified as a gang by selected states and the FBI because local law enforcement and the FBI Did Not Do the Research. If the FBI's classification of this fanbase as a "gang" does not immediately strike you as being silly, it should also be noted that the FBI thinks that Juggalos are aligned with Non-Ironic Clowns as part of a hybrid criminal network.
- Kris Straub's webcomic Chainsawsuit portrayed the adventures of j reginyld freekshow Juggalo Lawyer.
- The perpetually mellow Gamzee of Homestuck, an alien who worships a cult that oddly resembles ICP called the Subjugglators. They basically act like a murderous Kangaroo Court for all of Alternia, can Mind Rape people by making their fears reality, and would rule the planet were it not for the Nautical Royalty holding the threat of culling over their heads
- His Ancestor is also a Subjugglator and is pretty much the head of the planet, directly under the Troll Empress.
- It's implied that ICP was subconsciously inspired by Gamzee's cult, which was itself subconsciously inspired by a time traveling Eldritch Abomination.
- The aforementioned Troll Empress eventually arrives in an Alternate Universe Earth and attempts to recreate her former model of government by manipulating the media into getting ICP itself elected President of the United States. No, not as President and VP. BOTH J and Dope as President.
- Many of the main characters of Isaac Baranoff's Horndog are Juggalos.
- Here Wolf has a strip in which the title character looks at Juggalette porn instead of working.
- Questionable Content accuses Juggalos of being homophobic.
- Bucko featured a fight between a "Juggalo Queen" and a Suicide Girl, with the former joining the main characters' search for the title character because the latter "done vanquished [her] ass in a faih fight," invoking "The Code of The Juggalo" as a result.
Down with the wicked clowns and Juggalos
But they ain't from the circuses
With painted faces on the surfaces
- Dayton Family's "The Gathering".
- D12 member Bizarre released a song called "Juggalo".
- A not too favorable reference occurred in Eminem's Take That towards the rapper Haystak, who he is in a feud with. Eminem said of Haystak, "You look like a Juggalo rapper." Actually, considering Haystak doesn't wear Monster Clown face paint, no, he doesn't look like a Juggalo rapper.
- Esham's album I Ain't Cha Homey contains a song called "Juggalotus".
- King Gordy has a song called "Juggalette".
- Used heavily in Psychopathic Records releases.
- Tech N 9 ne's "The Beast" contains the line "You in killer klown land / Face paint and Juggalettes with bubble butts".
- Vanilla Ice's "Ninja Rap 2" contains the line "Juggalo love!"
- A unique variation comes from the rock band Zug Izland, which referred to its fans as "Zuggalos".
- 20 Dead Flower Children. The guitarist can be seen wearing a Hatchetman shirt in this performance. On the cable television channel USA in 2000 no less.
- Anybody Killa
- Isaac Baranoff
- Blaze Ya Dead Homie
- Charlie Sheen. No, really.
- Chuck D and Flavor Flav of Public Enemy.
- Cyco of Insane Poetry
- Hed PE
- Insane Clown Posse, obviously.
- Stuntman Kane Hodder, famous for his portrayal of Jason Vorhees.
- Kid Crusher
- King Gordy
- Kottonmouth Kings
- Kung Fu Vampire
- Tech N 9 ne
- Vanilla Ice
- Zug Izland
- According to an episode of Law and Order, all Juggalos probably want to kill you; the writers also represent Horrorcore as a solely Juggalo genre, but in real life, not all horrorcore fans are Juggalos. Juggalo rapper Kid Crusher openly criticized this episode, which used a clip from one of his music videos out of context and presented with a faux band name.
- Juggalos are portrayed in a satirical context on Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Superjail and Squidbillies. Insane Clown Posse appeared as themselves on ATHF.
- In Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Charlie defends a Juggalo (wearing full clown paint) from bullies.
- In Workaholics, the guys unknowingly set Jillian up with a Juggalo. Once they find out, they attempt to rescue her but find that the Juggalos are not as bad as they had thought.
- Loading Ready Run mocks Juggalos and more specifically the ICP song Miracles in the sketch Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP.