|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This page is currently under construction. Please feel free to help it grow.
Horror film and its sequel about an Ax Crazy truck driver named Rusty Nail, and his adventures in stalking and murdering his victims with the help of his large and ominous Peterbilt. The victims consist of anyone who annoys him. And a few random unlucky folks.
This film contains examples of:
- Batman Gambit
- Booby Trap
- Car Fu
- Catch Phrase: "Candy Cane..."
- Completely Missing the Point: "When did you get out of jail, yesterday?"
- Disproportionate Retribution: Steal Rusty's car? He'll kill you horribly. Insult truckers? Kill you horribly. Then again, he kills some people horribly for no particular reason at all.
- Distressed Damsel
- Drives Like Crazy
- Fan Service: Leelee Sobieski spent the majority of her scenes braless. To say nothing of Steve Zahn and Paul Walker when Rusty blackmails Lewis and Fuller into entering a truck stop diner completely nude.
- Floating Head Syndrome
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Ted Levine, who was uncredited in the movie for some reason.
- Lost in the Maize: The protagonists are chased by Rusty through a corn field.
- My Car Hates Me
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Rusty.
- Oh Crap
- Road Movie
- Scare Chord
- Scare'Em Straight
- Serial Killer: Rusty Nail, by the events of Dead Ahead, which has him pick up and kill a prostitute in the opening, and a female hitchhiker in the epilogue.
- Fridge Horror in the original, as Rusty Nail's final words are the same as his first words, which implies that he just got done doing the same thing to somebody else when the protagonists encounter him.
- The Faceless: Rusty's face is always blocked by his cap.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension