|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
After Dorothy is knocked unconscious immediately prior to a tornado, she awakens to find herself and Toto in Oz once again. After meeting Jack Pumpkinhead, she learns that the Wicked Witch, Mombi, plans to Take Over Oz by use of...green elephants. She and Jack flee Mombi's home and try to warn The Scarecrow (now the king of Oz), meeting a talking wooden horse named Woodenhead Stallion. Unfortunately, the scarecrow is captured by Mombi, along with Toto, and the trio try to seek help from the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion, both of whom are too afraid to help them. But Glinda tells Dorothy that she can save Oz herself, with her new friends and a little of her own special magic.
- All-Star Cast/Hey, It's That Voice!
- Cats Are Mean: Mombi's cat
- Deadpan Snarker: Woodenhead Stallion has shades of this
- Disney Death: Jack Pumpkinhead
- Hammerspace: The tiny box Glinda gives Dorothy contains a plethora of mice.
- Karmic Death: Mombi transforms herself into a flower with poisonous thorns to avoid being caught by Dorothy and co. This allows her to be trampled to death by her own elephants.
- No Ontological Inertia: After Mombi's defeat, Oz returns to normal and all her magic spells reverse. Including the one that was keeping Pumpkinhead alive.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Dorothy has Pumpkin and Woodenhead (and Toto for a little while), while Mombi has her cat and crow.
- Limited Animation: What else do you expect from Filmation?
- Lovable Coward: Jack Pumpkinhead
- Ravens and Crows
- Swiss Army Tears: Pumpkinhead comes back to life after Dorothy cries on him
- The Musical
- The Power of Love
- Villain Song: "If You're Gonna Be a Witch, Be a Witch"
- You Don't Look Like You: Dorothy and Glinda. But mostly Glinda.