The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The soundtrack (featuring Kay Hanley of Letters To Cleo fame on lead vocals) was very well received, went certified Gold within a month and a half of its release, and still holds a place in the top 100 best-selling albums at Amazon.com almost a decade later.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment:
- Has a reptuation among some of Rachael Leigh Cook's fans as the film that derailed her career (though ironically, they tend to enjoy the actual movie itself).
- It's shown that the record label kills those who find out about the subliminal messages. Now, take a look at the recent wave of celebrity deaths. Kind of makes you not want to be famous, doesn't it?
- Ham and Cheese
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Hey, do you remember a time when it wasn't that unrealistic to say that the record industry and MTV commanded the tastes and buying habits of the youth of America? Like, say, the year this movie was released? Welcome to the future.
- Large Ham: Parker Posey and Alan Cumming are practically dueling for this title.
- Les Yay: The friendship between Josie and Valerie seems a lot more fleshed-out and real than Josie and Alan M, who are just about ready to turn pass out from asphyxiation.
- Moral Event Horizon: "Puppies turn into dogs who grow old and die."
- Needs More Love
- Strangled by the Red String: Alan M seems like a genuinely nice guy, and apparently he and Josie have a history full of chemistry and common interests, but most of their relationship shown in the movie is them staring deeply into each others' eyes as they realise they love each other, with none of the relationship actually visible.
- Which might have been intentional.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.