|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Joshua Jones was a stop-motion animated show from the creators of Fireman Sam. The premise features Joshua Jones, owner of a canal boat on the Clearwater Canal, and his adventures helping out the townsfolk. The voices were provided by Barbara Flynn and George Layton.
Joshua Jones features the following tropes
- Butt Monkey - Spanner
- Friend to All Living Things - Fiona Cashmore
- Getting Crap Past the Radar - The word "Spanner" is often used as a vulgar insult in real life.
- Green Aesop - And it was actually quite subtle.
- Hey, It's That Voice! - George Layton voices all the male characters.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This could be considered as (sort of) similar to The Only Way Is Essex, with "dizzy blonde" Sharon being similar somewhat to a certain character in the show...
- Intergenerational Friendship - Joshua and Ravi.
- Limited Social Circle
- Meaningful Name - Local rich jerk Mr Cashmore. Also Trojan the horse. Possibly Spanner too.
- The Napoleon - Mr Cashmore.
- Repetitive Name - Joshua Jones.
- Rich Jerk - Mr Cashmore.
- Surrounded by Idiots - Mr Cashmore's attitude towards Spanner. Not that he's that bright himself.
- Talking to Himself - Happens a lot since only two voice artists worked on this show.