|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
My name is Josh Jepson, but you knew that already!
JoshJepson is a Let's Player on YouTube that is known some places as being "the guy who guested on The Runaway Guys' New Super Mario Bros Wii LP". Josh is fairly popular among the community, with over 65,000 subscribers (and growing), he is also very distinctive, having a style mirroring that of Chuggaaconroy, but a lot more swearing and sometimes, a lot of weird sounds.
Current Let's Play:
- Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Games Josh Jepson has Let's Played:
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Mario Kart 64
- Super Mario Sunshine
- The Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker
- Banjo Tooie
- Metroid Fusion
- The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
- Rayman 2 (Video Game)
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Blind)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (co-op with Super Jeenius)
- Super Mario 64
- The Legend of Zelda a Link To T He Past
- Limbo (Blind)
- Ilomilo (Blind)
Games Josh Jepson has collaborated with someone on: (on their channels)
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (Invitational Tournament with The Runaway Guys)
- New Super Mario Bros Wii (With The Runaway Guys)
- Super Mario Sunshine Versus against AttackingTucans
- Barbie's Horse Adventures: Mystery Ride (With Lucahjin)
- Barbie's Wild Horse Rescue (With Lucahjin)
Tropes Used Include:
- Alliterative Name
- Atomic F-Bomb: Many times
- Big Yes: Tends to take this trope to insane levels for a short time upon completing one of those levels.
- Call a Rabbit a Smeerp: In the DK Country Returns LP, both players decide that bananas are Blanabbas.
- Catch Phrase:
- "Jesus Grandma!"
- "Swiiiirly X! Swiiiirly!
- "It's not supposed to go at an angle!"
- In his Ocarina of Time LP, "And may your X not go at an angle" was his standard way to finish a video.
- "Oh my god what was the heck was the what the what the what?!"
- "Stars... Lord knows I need 'em."
- "FIYABALLS? YUM!"
- "Two at a time, every single time!"
- "Duh, dummy!"
- "Was that so hard? Yes, yes it was."
- "KAMEK YOU FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"
- "Oh, no! Oh, little boy, I'm so sorry!"
- Cuteness Proximity: Just hear him talking the first time (or any other time for that matter) he finds "Poochy" in Yoshi's Island.
- Josh constantly mentions how adorable everything in Ilomilo is. He once barfed from cuteness overload.
- Curse Cut Short/Sound Effect Bleep: In his Ocarina of Time LP he uses SHI*CLANG* a lot.
- Epic Fail: In his Limbo LP, Josh comes across an obvious trap and tells himself not to jump in the large pit that sets up said trap. He goes in anyway.
- Hype Backlash: Regarding Raphael the Raven's boss fight. After hearing numerous people rave about how awesome it was, the fact that it was so lengthy and frustrating did not endear it to him. He admited it was cool, but he didn't find it fun.
- Large Ham: He occasionally throws his mic levels into the red.
- Let's Get Dangerous: When he gets serious about finishing a hard level, he gets completely silent to focus. He describes this as taking a cue from Super Jeenius, who did this as well when they played Donkey Kong Country Returns together.
- Mood Whiplash: Two. Firstly, he jumped from the relatively child-friendly The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past straight into a blind LP of Limbo. He knew it was dark, but didn't know how dark until his player (a young child) missed the first jump and got impaled on a spike in a spray of blood. His optimism about the project got pretty somber from there. And now he's gone from that onto the sickeningly sweet Ilomilo.
- The Nicknamer: He gives nicknames to many of the enemy types and objects in Yoshis Island. Also, "Bitchfish" from The Wind Waker.
- Playing Against Type: Josh's first 15 LP's were all of games that were T-rated at most. His sixteenth one is the much Darker and Edgier Limbo.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: During Donkey Kong Country Returns episode 16.
- Sir Swearsalot: Varies. At one point he started to cut back on or censor the swearing in his own LPs, though he still swore A LOT in his collaboration videos. Later, he returned to swearing in his own videos.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: People seem fond of making these for "Oh my god! What the heck was the what the what the what?". Some example here and here
- Suicidal Gotcha: Of an accidental variety, but in the Yoshis Island level "Goonie Rides," he found himself plummeting into the abyss, shouting and weeping, sure he was done for... only to see Yoshi rise from the bottom of the screen, having landed on the back of a random Goonie flying by. From his perspective, it probably counts.
- That One Level: Considers Tiny-Huge Island, Tick Tock Clock, and Rainbow Ride to each be this type of level. In-Universe.
- Worth It: Collaborating with Lucahjin on Barbie Horse Adventures. "This may have just ruined my Let's Playing reputation. But it was worth it for 'My Balls.'"
- You Keep Using That Word: Often refers to health points as Lives. No, not even Life, Lives.
Thank you guys for reading this trope page. I've been Josh Jepson, and I'll see you on the next one.
- ↑ He says it himself