The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Broken Base
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Due in part to the fact that he's the most recognizable of the sextuplets because he's the only one of them wearing glasses, Aaden has a pretty sizable fanbase.
- Fan Dumb: Comes in many flavors, ranging from people who obsessively analyze Kate's clothing to prove she's a "whore" and have harassed the Gosselins' pastor, to people who simply shut down any criticism of the two. See also Internet Backdraft.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: The Soup, for a while, was making hay with an Alternative Character Interpretation of the show with Jon as a Henpecked Husband to needlessly bossy Kate -- one skit took an argument over coupons and ended it with him committing suicide. As it turns out, the marriage was indeed a miserable one, and while The Soup is irreverent by nature and is still keeping up with the show, they joked in one episode that it's "just kind of sad now".
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel:
- The show itself, especially for young couples starting their families.
- Averted with the kids, who love costumed mascots and practically attacked the Phillies' mascot.
- Internet Backdraft- Trust us, flame wars against the show got so bad that "Television Without Pity" has banned ANY discussion of J&K on their forums.
- Tear Jerker: Kate's interview prior to the last episode.
- Unfortunate Implications: any time the show tries to handle race. Cue Kate acting like she knows more about Jon's culture than he does and the kids debating over who's the "most" Asian. Let's just cook some Japanese food, because that's close enough, and stick chopsticks in the girls' hair. It's educational!
- The Woobie: The kids. All of them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.