The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The film contains examples of:
- Cold War / Civil War / The Korean War: All still going on the border between the Koreas.
- Driven to Suicide
- Faux Fluency: The United Nations investigator unraveling the mystery at the DMZ is a Korean actress who obviously learned her English lines phonetically.
- Later versions completely dubbed her lines with a native English speaker.
- Foregone Conclusion: The friendship between the soldiers will end badly.
- Framing Device: The main story is told in a series of flashbacks as the UN investigator tries to find out the truth about a murder.
- How We Got Here
- North Koreans With Nodongs
- Not So Different
- Park Chan-wook: The Korean filmmaker that directed the film.
- Shown Their Work: With a highly accurate recreation of the Joint Security Area.
- South Koreans With Marines
- Take It to the Bridge: The famed "Bridge of No Return"
- Translation Convention: The Swiss and Swedish members of the United Nations stationed in Korea speak English instead of Korean or their native language. A Swiss character of Korean nationality speaks English with a heavy Korean accent rather than a Swiss one.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.