The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Having sat behind the announcer's table for well over two decades, Jim Ross has had the honor of calling some of the most memorable and famous matches in wrestling history; many of his calls have gone down in as legendary. Such calls include:
- "WHAT THE HELL!?!? THEY WERE IN IT ALL ALONG...ALL THREE OF THEM!! THEY SCREWED US ALL!!!!" - following The Reveal that The Rock at Survivor Series 1998 had aligned himself with Shane McMahon and Vince McMahon to become WWF Champion (his first title reign)
- "As God as my witness, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!" - after Mick Foley was tossed off the top of the cell in his infamous Hell in a Cell match with The Undertaker in 1998
- In his first book, Foley mentioned another of JR's comments during the match, "WILL SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH?!?! Enough is enough!" as his favorite of the match, mostly because he felt that the emotion of the match had gotten so high that JR's comment wasn't as a wrestling commentator but as someone who was genuinely concerned for Mick's well-being.
- "AW YEAH!!! AUSTIN'S GOT MCMAHON!!! AUSTIN'S GOT MCMAHON!!!" - after Stone Cold Steve Austin crashes Vince's event of handing over the WWE Championship to either Kane of The Undertaker...by driving a zamboni to the ring
- "Aw, son of a bitch!" - at the revelation of Vince as the "Higher Power" partially because it can be interpreted as Ross being really angered at the deception and partially because it can be interpreted as Ross reacting to how stupid it is that the Higher Power is Vince.
- "IT'S GONNA BE THE ROCK! IT'S GONNA BE AUSTIN! ONE ON ONE! AT WRESTLEMANIA! MAH GAAAAAAWD!!!!"
- "The billion dollar princess has become a dairy queen!!" - when Kurt Angle crashes "Stone Cold Steve Austin Appreciation Night" with a milk wagon during the InVasion storyline, after Kurt was screwed out of the championship at SummerSlam 2001
- "LUCIFER'S LIPS ON THE BIGGEST ASS IN THE WWF!!! AW HELL YEAH!!! BAH GAWD!!! BAH GAWD!!! THERE IS A...THERE IS A GOD IN THIS WORLD!!! - reaction to Vince receiving his comeuppance from The Rock after he was forced to literally kiss someone's ass
- "Climb the ladder, kid! Make yourself famous!" - when Jeff Hardy was a heartbeat away from beating The Undertaker in a Ladder Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship on RAW in 2002
- The time where he was in a match with Johnathan Coachman for his job, and ended up giving Coach a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown, which included whipping him with a belt. Beware the Nice Ones, indeed.
- Up until recently, the bumper at the start of all WWE programming ended with Jim Ross yelling, "The entire world is watching!" It's such an appropriate start to the action, it's not even funny.
- His aforementioned return to commentary during "Retro Raw", which ended with him using his trademark cowboy hat to smack Michael Cole upside the head.
- During a match with Michael Cole, who's hamming it up as much as he dares and acting like it were a more "traditional" wrestling match (complete with Jack Swagger pulling out a little stool for him to sit on when he wants a break), Jim Ross decides he isn't having any of this nonsense, knocks Cole down, and busts his lip open.
- Putting Jack Swagger and Michael Cole in the ankle lock.
- During Jerry Lawler's match with Michael Cole, he comes out and dumps a bottle of barbecue sauce all over Cole as part of Cole's well deserved Humiliation Conga.
- He forces Michael Cole to submit in their match on Raw.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.