|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Jerry Lee Lewis (September 29, 1935): American rock and country pioneer, one of the Million Dollar Quartet with Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash, fellow Sun Records artists. Known primarily for hits such as "Great Balls of Fire", "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On", his Signature Style of piano-playing (flamboyant, with a lot of glissando, gettting up on the piano, etc.), and the scandal that almost completely derailed his career. Later on, he reinvented himself as a fairly successful mainstream country artist.
Tropes Associated with The Killer include:
- Badass Nickname: "The Killer Himself"
- Cool Old Guy: He still records and performs. At age 71, he released a cover of "Pink Caddilac", accompanied by the song's original writer, Bruce Springsteen.
- Genre Shift: He had a fairly successful Country Music career in the 1960s through 1980s, although even "Whole Lot of Shakin' Going On" and "Great Balls of Fire" from his boogie-woogie days were #1 country hits.
- Kill It with Fire: Set his piano on fire on Television.
- Lolicon: Did I mention the cousin in question was 13 when they met?