Jenna Coleman (known as Jenna-Louise Coleman before summer of 2013) is a British actress, born in Blackpool in 1986. She is best known for playing Clara Oswald in Doctor Who opposite Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor and Peter Capaldi's Twelfth Doctor.
Her previous roles include Jasmine Thomas in Emmerdale, Lindsay James in Waterloo Road, Connie (Bucky's date at the fair) in Captain America: The First Avenger, and the voice of Melia in Xenoblade. She also features in ITV 1's 2012 Titanic miniseries.
After leaving Doctor Who in 2015, Coleman began staring in Victoria, an ITV series based on the life of Queen Vicky.
- The Cutie: Will inevitably cast as such.
- Fake American: She doesn't do it much, but many of her roles as an American, most prominently in Captain America: The First Avenger show that she has the accent down.
- Insistent Terminology: Will always correct the interviewer that Clara has met all the Doctors and will die defending the fact that she was in a scene alongside William Hartnell.
- Motor Mouth: Can talk faster than Matt Smith which is no small feat.
- Old Shame: Doesn't seem too proud of her bit part in Captain America.
- One of Us: Admits that she became a huge Doctor Who nerd over the course of her tenure. She even said she'd have loved to do a scene with Tom Baker and was delighted to meet him.
- Platonic Life Partners: Officially she's this with Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi but if you ask the Doctor/Clara shippers...
- Scully Box: Frequently uses one.
- Sticky Fingers: Has stolen a lot from the Doctor Who sets, including an unidentified piece of the TARDIS interior set.
- Typecasting: Counter on her character being The Cutie but dabbing in shades of grey when it comes to morality with some Ambiguously Bi thrown in for good measure.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Her BTS dynamics with Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi do involve a lot of teasing. It says a lot that Peter Capaldi once outright assumed that her honest answer to a question was just her teasing him.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Noted to have gigantic, expressive eyes.