|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Hellote, I'm Jellote
- Jellote's introduction
Oh hi there viewers, welcome to Let's Play Television Tropes and Idioms! This is episode 1! Haha! Shall we play? We shall.
Jellote is a freelance member of the Let's Play community, inspired by Deceased Crab and Sir Ron Lionheart. He is known for referencing pop culture, requiring attention and violently forcing his name onto anything. Essentially, he is a comedic commentator, who plays retro, Retraux and other freeware. In case you couldn't tell, he is a fan of Self-Deprecation. Needs More Love.
His long string of plagiarism can be found here.
Games played by Jellote:
- Secret Collect, Strongbadzone and Strong Bad's Rhino Feeder
- Tag Team Wrestling
- Croc: The Legend of the Gobbos and Croc 2
- Today I Die
- I Wish I Were The Moon
- Night Raveler and the Heartbroken Uruguayans
- The Secret Of Software 64
Tropes associated with Jellote
- Angrish: Whenever something bad happens (that isn't his fault), he breaks into incomprhensible gibberish.
- Arch Enemy: The ctrl key, pendulums, and typically anything bad that is remotely personifiable. Also, he has declared Retsupurae his enemy before, but the latter doesn't know the former exists.
- Catch Phrase: See above. Other phrases include "Goodnight" and "Shall we?".
- Character Alignment: Experimented with in Prior, where he first plays as Lawful Good, then Chaotic Good and finally Neutral Good.
- Creator Breakdown: He spends several minutes weeping after seeing the zombie in Croc.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: He actively refuses to swear.
- Marty Stu: Very much so. Even he thinks so.
- Large Ham
- One of Us: Uses trope names infrequently.
- No Fourth Wall: Early on, he played as if he was the main character, but still addressed the audience.
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: Intentionally trashes his own name in the vain hope of popularity. Again, this is him speaking in character when he says these things.
- Rule of Symbolism: The reason each LP ends with the tag "Decemberween"? "Symbolism, my dear boy" was his only response.
- Self-Deprecation: He's his own biggest critic, to the point where calling himself a plagiarist is a running gag and jokes about his sound quality are in every other video. Much of the criticism on this page is actually the opinions of himself in his own videos.
- Shameless Self Promotion: The only reason this page, or any mention of Jellote on this wiki, exists is because he really wants some more subscribers.
- Strictly Formula: He tries to make Let's Plays of episodic games one level at a time, regardless of length.