"Must go faster. Must go faster."
An American Actor known for his portrayal of quirky/nerdy characters, as well as his...uh unique form of...uh di-dialogue delivery, which has became one of the most memorable parts of his career, averting the trope that Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic. He also was the subject of an early internet meme the late 1990s, in which a screenshot from The Fly (1986) was given the caption "Jeff Goldblum is watching you poop!". Uh, yeah.
He appeared in:
- Adam Resurrected
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension
- Annie Hall: "I've forgotten my mantra." (don't worry Jeff, we've found one for you)
- The Big Chill
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers: He was Verminous Scumm! Wow.
- Cats and Dogs
- The Colbert Report: appears fairly often in early-segment sketches. Usually ends the sketch with a blatant plug for Law and Order: Criminal Intent. Once appeared on Colbert after Michael Jackson's death (and subsequent copycat rumors of Goldblum's death) to deliver a eulogy for himself.
- Death Wish: His first film.
- Earth Girls Are Easy
- The Fly (1986 version)
- An episode of Friends
- Independence Day: See above.
- Into the Night
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
- Jurassic Park: Science! is sexy.
- Law and Order: Criminal Intent
- The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
- The Prince of Egypt
- Powder (1995 movie)
- The Right Stuff
- Has hosted two episodes of Saturday Night Live.
- Was in an episode of Sesame Street as an Indiana Jones parody.
- The Tall Guy (where he dresses in a rabbit suit and dances!)
- Tenspeed And Brown Shoe
- The Switch, where he plays against type as a smug hard-drinking womanizing executive.
- Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job, where he performs as the Jeff GoldBluMan Group
- Top Gear, where he placed a respectable time despite driving the entire course in third gear.
- Will and Grace (a few episodes)
Tropes commonly associated with Jeff Goldblum in Real Life:
- Adorkable: Yes.
- Blue Furred Space Hunk: In Earth Girls Are Easy.
- Body Horror: The Fly.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Get him, Christopher Walken, John Malkovich, and Crispin Glover together, you got a party!
- Gibbering Genius: The trope's patron saint. In the interests of space, the trope lists exceptions for Jeff Goldblum rather than examples.
- Nerds Are Sexy: You want him. Don't deny it.
- Running Gag: "Must go faster." He finds a way to shoehorn that line into most of his roles
- Tall, Dark and Handsome At 6'4.5", he's one of the tallest A-List actors in Hollywood, second only to Tim Robbins' 6'5".