Sam: We landed in some dimension where you're...JensenAckles, and I'm something called a Jared Padalecki.
Dean: Oh, so, what, now you're Polish?
Jared Padalecki, a rarely well documented Sasquatch and star of CW show Supernatural, plays the younger angst ridden Winchester brother, Sam. At 6'4, he towers over... pretty much everybody, but is known to be a goofball on set, and extremely friendly, even to his many crazed fangirls. He's known to be a big supporter of animal welfare, and often talks about his rescue dogs, Harley and Sadie. He and his co-star Jensen Ackles are Heterosexual Life Partners, and are fairly often shipped as a romantic couple by said crazed fangirls under the name "J2" or "J-squared" (They tried "Padackles" for a while, but it didn't really seem to stick.) Recently gained the Fan Nickname Moose thanks to a line from the series (and he's not shy about poking fun at it.)
He's also known for playing long time love interest of Rory Gilmore, Dean Forrester, in Gilmore Girls, and his roles in movies such as New York Minute and the 2005 remake of House of Wax. Oh yeah, and he beat Jason Voorhees in the Friday the 13th remake.
In 2010, he married Supernatural co-star Genevieve Cortese, who played the demonic love interest Ruby to his character on the show. On March 19, 2012, they had a Mini-Moose named Thomas Colton.
His twitter is here.
Tropes commonly associated with Jared Padalecki:
- Big Eater
- Cuddle Bug: He is known to be a hugger, especially with Jensen (who grudgingly puts up with it).
- Gentle Giant
- Fan Nickname: He is often referred to as Moose (thanks to a line from Supernatural) or Puppy (because of his infamous puppy eyes).
- Faux Yay: As The Prankster, this seems to be his weapon of choice. Watch the gag reels for Supernatural, there are kissy faces and the like all over the place.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: With Jensen Ackles.
- Hot Dad
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Jared has ten inches on Genevieve.
- Motor Mouth: It would seem that it is impossible for the man to give a short answer to anything. Overlaps with Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny, since he'll frequently go off on tangents for even simple questions.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Old Shame: During a recent interview, he mentioned that he met a friend of his on the set of New York Minute, "which we will not talk about." Although it's hard to tell how serious he was.
- Puppy Dog Eyes
- The Prankster: Misha Collins can attest to this.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: In an almost complete inversion of their on-screen relationship, Jared is the red, being more of a personable, outgoing joker, to Jensen's blue, being more reserved and mellow (although Jensen can be just as silly at times).
- Romance on the Set: Hopefully, Jared and Genevieve's relationship doesn't end up like Sam and Ruby's...
- Smart People Play Chess: Jared tends to come off as rather silly at times, yet in one DVD episode's commentary, the director mentions his complete and utter destruction of chess opponents.
- Sweet Tooth