"What the fuck have you done lately?"—Wesley Gibson, Wanted
James McAvoy is a Scottish actor known for a variety of well-received roles and memorable characters. He jump-started his career as Steve from Shameless and went on to star in Band of Brothers, which first brought him to the attention of Hollywood.
From being once solely known as "that guy who played Mr. Tumnus", McAvoy has since achieved mainstream success and acclaim after starring as the lead roles in Academy Award-nominated Atonement as Robbie Turner and The Last King of Scotland as Dr. Nicholas Garrigan, as well as box office hits Wanted as Wesley Gibson and, most recently, X Men First Class as Charles Xavier. Don't forget Arthur Christmas...!
He is known for his strikingly Blue Eyes, red lips and crying in pretty much every movie he's ever been in.
He is married to fellow Shameless actress Anne Marie Duff, has a baby son and currently resides in London.
- Adorkable: He is.
- Blue Eyes
- Fake American: In Wanted.
- Fake Irish: As Rory in Inside I'm Dancing. His accent is extremely convincing.
- Happily Married and rather protective of his wife's privacy, thank you very much!
- One of Us: Cited Captain Kirk from Star Trek as the hero he'd most like to meet, joked that one of the reasons he wanted to play Charles Xavier was to play young Picard, was a huge fan of the Dune book series prior to starring in Children Of The Dune, and has been seen in a Cheetara t-shirt several times.
- Violent Glaswegian: Averts this in real life. His violent outburst in Shakespeare Re-Told, paired with his natural accent, was more than chilling though.