The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character becomes more cynical throughout the series, due to horrible things happening to them and those around them.
- Straight: Jade starts as a Wide-Eyed Idealist, but during her adventures through the Crapsack World she lives in, she becomes much more cynical.
- Exaggerated: Jade starts out as The Pollyanna, but then something goes wrong and immediately becomes The Snark Knight (or even a Nietzsche Wannabe).
- Justified: Jade has no idea what she's getting herself into at the beginning, so when she sees the horrible things she has to do and have happen to her/those around her, she becomes more hardened and cynical.
- Inverted: Jade starts off as a Grumpy Bear but as time goes on she accepts that the world is far more idealistic than she gave it credit for.
- Subverted: Jade remains idealistic despite the things she must do and must see.
- Double Subverted: ...But, deep down, she's actually a Knight in Sour Armor.
- Parodied: As Jade becomes more jaded and cynical, the glasses she wears become greener and greener.
- Deconstructed: Jade's newfound cynicism ultimately make her think her world is not worth saving, causing her to leave it to its fate.
- Reconstructed: Jade gains a more idealistic Morality Pet that reminds her that there are indeed reasons to try to save her world.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Jade remains idealistic throughout, because she is given no reason to become cynical.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "What happened to the young, idealistic girl I knew?" "She grew up."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Knowing what she's been through, Raven gives Jade a Hannibal Lecture on how humans are bastards not worth saving, in an attempt to cause her to have a Face Heel Turn.
- Defied: Jade refuses to give up her idealism, regardless of the horrors she must deal with.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama: ???
Back to Jade-Colored Glasses
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.