|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Jacks Mannequin is an American alt-rock band formed by Andrew McMahon in 2004. It started as a side project when his other group, Something Corporate, went on hiatus. They released their first album, Everything in Transit, in 2005, followed by The Glass Passenger in 2008. Their third album, People and Things, will be released in some time in 2011.
- Audience Participation Song: None specifically, but "Holiday From Real" and "Bruised" are the most popular ones in his live shows.
- BSOD Song: "Caves" can be seen as this, as can "Orphans" and "Bloodshot".
- Dancing Is Serious Business: The music video for "Dark Blue".
- Mr. Fanservice: Andrew McMahon.
- Even the Guys Want Him: His fanbase is quite evenly mixed and several male fans have declared their love for him.
- I Am the Band
- Last-Note Nightmare: Not a note exactly, but the end of "Caves" might qualify.
- Loudness War: Mostly unnaffected, but "Bloodshot" is significantly louder than the rest of its album.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Miss California", "Crashin'".
- New Sound Album: The Glass Passenger, somewhat. It does have poppy songs like Everything In Transit, but has far more slow acoustic songs that don't rely on hooks.
- Obsession Song: A surprising amount, but especially "Miss California".
- One-Woman Song: Now has quite a collection. "Miss Delaney", "Annie Use Your Telescope", "Amy, I", "Diane The Skyscraper", and "Amelia Jean" all count.
- Perishing Alt Rock Voice: Not all the time, but often enough to be noticeable.
- Spiritual Successor: To Andrew's other band, Something Corporate.
- Spoken Word in Music: All the time, most notably in "I'm Ready".
- Studio Chatter: The end of "Rescued" ("I pulled the plug out, because I didn't wanna look for a light switch").