|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Jackie Evancho (born 2000) is an American classical crossover singer who impressed the public on America's Got Talent, singing "O mio babbino caro" and thoroughly stunning the judges and audience with her "voice of an angel." The richness of the voice has been met with disbelief that a little girl can sing so well. She had sung before, having been inspired by Phantom of the Opera, but her appearance on AGT was what got her noticed. She finished in second place for that season of AGT but has unsurprisingly found greater success since. Her second album, a Christmas EP, topped Amazon.com's charts in pre-orders later going platinum. Making her the top debut artist of 2010. She has sung several more songs, and released the studio album Dream with Me featuring among other things a duet with Barbra Streisand. June 2011 had it debuting at #2 on the Billboard music charts.
She has made several appearances in public, such as a duet rendition of "Silent Night" with Katherine Jenkins at Rockefeller Plaza, a performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner," and performances with various symphony orchestras. On her own she sang Oh Holy Night at the National Christmas Tree Lighting with the President in attendance.
Not bad for an eleven year-old girl.
- Prelude to a Dream (2009)
- O Holy Night EP (2010)
- Dream with Me (2011)
- Child Prodigy: Singing difficult operatic arias at age eleven.
- Gray Eyes: Of the "innocent child" variety.
- Hair of Gold
- Improbable Age: Do you know many little girls that can sing duets with the top selling female artist ever? And hold their own?
- Its Pronounced Tropay: Her last name is pronounced "I-VAN-ko."
- The Runner Up Takes It All: Michael Grimm may have won AGT, but she's been more successful and probably better known.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: She talks like any young girl, but sounds like a much older singer.
- Vocal Dissonance: She was ten when she first hit it big, but she sings like well developed talents twice her age.