Founded in 1997, JM Animation is a studio in South Korea, mostly known for doing most of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender (as the early episodes were done by DR Movie, however, JM did outsource Avatar to other Korean studios like Moi Animation and North Korean Studio SEK). They've also been involved in several Anime as a supporting company.
Besides doing Avatar, here are some other shows JM Animation has worked on
- Linebarrels of Iron - In-Between & Key Animation
- Macross Frontier - Key Animation
- Fairy Tail - 2nd Key & In-Between Animation
- Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple - Key Animation
- Cardfight Vanguard - Key & In-Between Animation, Paint
- G.I. Joe: Renegades (Opening; Series mostly done by Moi Animation and Hanho)
- Young Justice
- Tai Chi Chasers (With Toei Animation)
- Dantes Inferno: The Animated Epic (Anger, The City of Dis, Heresy, Violence & Fraud segments; Movie animated alongside Moi, Big Star, Dong Woo, Digital eMation, Production I.G, Manglobe and Film Roman)
- Genesis of Aquarion (Digital Paint; Background Assistance; 2nd Key, Key and In-Between Animation; Composite & Production Assistance for several episodes)
- Noein (Digital Paint, In-Between Animation)
- Bodacious Space Pirates - additional services in episode 8
- The Boondocks - Pre-production services in Season Three.
Tropes Associated With JM Animation
- Animation Bump: JM is nowhere near as good as TMS Entertainment (Despite the outsourcing of Kenichi, Cardfight Vanguard and a few others to them), or even Rough Draft, but they're one of the better studios in South Korea.